DJI Go 4 App on iPad Mini 4 - Does it Work?

I’m aware the iPad Mini 4 is overwhelmed running the DJIFly app but what about the DJI Go 4 app?

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did look :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure the answer is no. The Fly app took over from Go4 when the Air 2 came out and the last users of the Go4 were the Phantom 4 and the Mavic 2.

GO4 runs just fine on an ipad Mini 4.

Litchi also runs beautifully on a Mini 2, 3 and 4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which drone do you have?

All DJI drones work either with Go4 or GoFly … none work with both.

A list of which drones are operated by which app can be found here.

The iPad will run DJI GO4.

The DJI GO 4 app is compatible with the Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic Air, Spark, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 V2.0, Inspire 2, and Matrice 200-210 RTK.

The DJI Fly App is compatible with DJI Mini 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mini SE, DJI Air 2S, DJI Air 3, DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini 2 SE, Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini, DJI Avata and FPV.

As @PingSpike says Litchi will run on an iPad Mini 4 and is compatible with a broader range of aircraft

Litchi for DJI Drones is compatible with: Mini 2, Mini SE (version 1 only), Air 2S, Mavic Mini 1, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark.

2 Likes

What makes you think that Rob mate? :thinking:

Sorry, too many distractions, misread the title. I thought the OP was referring to a Mini 4. Now amended and answer expanded.

Litchi is my preferred software for flying.

2 Likes

Ah :slight_smile:

I used to run GO4 on an iPad Mini 2 before the 3, then 4.

There are a few threads @Stitch-Up about how bloated GO4 got in the end, and started throwing high CPU load warnings all the time - eg CPU fully loaded? - #2 by PingSpike

As many have suggested, use Litchi instead.

1 Like