DJI GO and LITCHI both stop upon Mavic Pro connection

Uh oh, what fresh hell is this?

You mean because of this?

All drones of 800g or more must be registered by their owner on AlphaTango, the public portal for users of remotely piloted aircraft.

1 Like

yeah, I nearly went to Marseilles with out it !.
And ,they do impose it, as a friend found out in Calais the other week !.

But…

Mavic pro

Weight (Battery & Propellers Included) 1.62 lbs ( 734 g ) (exclude gimbal cover) 1.64 lbs ( 743 g ) (include gimbal cover)

well, your good to go then, happy flying !.
I was ferked with a Mavic 2 Pro !

Yeah! But it still doesn’t work…

1 Like

Ok in flight mode, seems LITCHI I can get to work. DJI Go 4 still no. Weirdly when I connect it asks “allow connection to inspire 1”? But it’s a Mavic pro! Really weird.

The correct (Mavic Pro) is selected on the Go4 home screen?

Glad you have Litchi working, at least. Covers FPV and missions! :+1:

Yup! I’ll have to get it open on DJI Assistant when I get back and see just what is going on…

2 Likes

This is just the problem you do not need when away on holiday.
Hence why I ALWAYS pack the Laptop !.
Glad you got it to work.

1 Like

SHAMEFUL acknowledgement…

IT WAS THE CABLE! I’d assumed it wasn’t because I’d just got a new one a couple of months ago and been looking after it really well…

Tried a different cable…

Worked fine! Sorry guys. Sorry DJI GO 4 developers. Sorry Litchi…

Will apply Ockhams Razor next time…

3 Likes

So, back to that waterfall then. :ok_hand:

Nope.

Turns out it wasn’t the cable after all!

This weird thing is that it seems the Mavic crashes the app when it gets a GPS fix. Hence, it kind of worked when I was testing inside, but outside, no worky.

I have definitively ruled out it being a cable issue, because app is crashed even when connecting in WiFi mode! I’ve not tried a different phone yet. That’s the next plan of attack.

So yes, lugged a dud bird up to ANOTHER jaw droppingly beautiful mountain scene again today! Grrrr…

1 Like

Bummer! I’m really intrigued as to what you discover the issue to be being caused by.

Me too!

1 Like

You could still fly without a phone or app … just the RC. You might get a few good memories. It was all I could do back in the P2/GoPro days without video feed.

Fly blind? Yes I thought about that…

1 Like

Probably way better than coming home with no photos/vids. :wink:

And I’d be more likely to keep VLOS!

1 Like

There’s always RTH! :wink::+1:

Just posted on DJI Forum. I’m totally foxed…

DJI G0 4 Android crashes upon
connection with Mavic Pro

1 Like