DJI Go Fly on this Android tablet?

Hi, yea, I was just reiterating what Manx Jason said at the begining of this thread he started… his words not mine… … I neither agree or disagree… ha-ha… but having said that, I do prefer Android… Cheers

Its potato, potatoe now i think, you sell your soul (and all your privacy) one way or the other to Jobs lot or the Google boys ;o)

Naaah disagree! Can’t beat the flexibility of downloading APKs and intalling whatever you want, without the need to root the device.

1 Like

I might be barking up the wrong tree here but don’t you need SIM card for GPS ?

Nope, just a built in GPS receiver or dongle.

Though I’m not sure about ipads. The old ipads at least didn’t have GPS unless it was the cellular model.

All drones with RTH must have built in GPS I guess? Otherwise how would they?

Indeed!

I did find that not all the cheaper tablets had GPS built in during my search for the best, compatible, cheapest tablet, so you do need to double check as some adverts said they did, then checking the manufacturers site, found they didn’t… No SIM required for GPS, in fact GPS is in my watch as well, you can connect a tablet to your phone / watch and Bluetooth / WIFI Hotspot it and GPS would work from there likely if a tablet didn’t have it…

Whoah my ISP have the Samsung Tab A for 99quid on sale!!

https://www.manxtelecom.com/personal/mobile/mobile-tariffs/sale-2019-2020#tablets-2-products-▼

Bah I read it needs to be the 8inch version