DJI Go v DJI Fly

Off topic, this still annoys me with DJI:

Seriously?

Which bug?!???

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Given the fact that the ma2 is using the DJI FLY APP i wander if DJI are going to push this as a replacement,for GO4 app??? :wink: :wink:

We had a little discuss about this earlier in the week when I bought my MM.

I like the app, it ticks all the boxes but think its a little on the basics side

1 Like

This is what i think 2,but i wander if it will evolve into an all drone all round app? apparently the ma 2 will be supported on the smart controller,so will that mean the fly app also? i can see the benefit of having one app for all drones?,sort of!!! :+1: :+1:

ā€œUnderstatement of the Weekā€ :wink:

2 Likes

YES!!! and then some!!! :rofl: :rofl:

The only real thing I have missed is the battery info and distance to home point etc.

Does anyone know how much control you have over battery levels (low warning and critical) on the MA2, the mini gives you none.

I like overall like the cleaner interface

1 Like

The distance to homepoint,is a deal breaker for me,what were DJI thinking??? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Putting the decision back with the technology

1 Like

May well be the case,but not for me,i want this info,will be wary ,flying without it!!

Isnā€™t this just a DJI thing? How is it on your EVO?

1 Like

I have been watching YouTube on this Autel v DJI thing. Iā€™ve just seen one on Flytpath regarding the placement of the propellers on the new Air 2 and the Mini.
It got me thinking, (yep thatā€™s dangerous I know but here we go anyway)
What is the consensus on this?

The Mini and the Air 2 are supported by the DJI Fly app and not the Go4 app.
What if the reason for this is as follows:

DJI are to discontinue the updates to Go4 and only support the Fly app for all future drones.
I say this as all the drones which are currently on the ā€œlistā€ of drones that contravene the copyrights of Autel are supported by the Go app but not the Fly app.
This would just be a close the door on them. Pay the fine or whatever it will cost, move on. If we then just use the fly app then everyone will have to upgrade to all the new drones we have in the pipeline (because, believe me, they will have a lot of stuff in the R@D department. Itā€™s just how market leaders work. You release one as you have designed the next and when your completion catches up you release the next one etc etc. Thatā€™s business)

Just a thoughtā€¦!

1 Like

I think its been proved again in this case that market leaders work by stealing IP and marketing it better.

All the best ideas are stolen. Itā€™s a sad fact.
But you just have to make sure you donā€™t get caught.
If this was in China, they would say;
ā€œNahhhhh nothing like it!ā€

Just as they do in the car industry.

I would not be surprised if the the new mavic 3,when it is released? will also use the the DJI fly appā€¦defo more to this then meets the eyeā€¦ :wink: :wink:

1 Like

i use fly on my samsung s10 5g and its great and i get all the battery details on screen , only just started flying so no experience of others but i like the dji fly so far.

Not all, itā€™s very basic compared to GO.

Have you flown with GO ?

1 Like

No ive not had the pleasure yet as only had the mini a few weeks but ive seen GO on youtube stuff and looks more detailed but as i said im totally new to drones so probably as i know no other thats why i like the fly app , i do struggle to see the % in the battery icon as its very small but if you tap that icon is does bring up a larger battery state box .

1 Like

As I said earlier in the thread, the ability to adjust the level at which the battery warnings kick in, as well as the ā€˜more detailedā€™ info on how much battery power is remaining in respect to getting home etc is invaluable.

Iā€™m sure this could easily be built into a software update

4 Likes

Wow yes that is impressive