Dji goggles 2 sd too slow goggles have stopped recording message

Hi allšŸ˜.
Can anyone who has the goggles 2, or anyone in fact, give us any insight into the message Iā€™m getting concerning my sd card?

Goggles have stopped recording due to slow sd card

Now, Iā€™ve only just started getting this, Iā€™ve tried multiple cards, still get the same message. Iā€™ve formatted both in the goggles and via my pc.
I clear my card probably after a couple of flying seshes so they are never full or getting near.

The cards I use are well quick enough to write to, and seeing as itā€™s lower res footage they are writing in the goggles to what they normally write in the drone I donā€™t think itā€™s the cards.

I canā€™t figure it outšŸ¤”. Iā€™ve googled it as you do and there seems to be quite a few people on the Dji forum with the same issue, on different firmwares.

Any help anyone? :+1:

Have you only started getting it since installing a recent firmware update Ady?

Are your cards genuine? Or cheap copies?

I would raise a ticket with DJI, like you said there are lots of reports of the same issue,

hopefully there will be a firmware update to fix the bug

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

No, no updates. I think the last one I did was the September one. I know there was one in early December but never installed it. Like in say, literally itā€™s happened over the last probably 3 flying seshes with multiple cards.

The cards what I have, have been off Amazon, yeh I knowšŸ¤”, but from a seller Iā€™ve always bought from and never had any issues. Also theyā€™ve been bought over a 2.5 year time span, so I couldnā€™t even put it down to a bad batch if Iā€™d bought them all at once.

Once taken out of whatever theyā€™ve come out of, itā€™s either into the laptop or my card holder, away from heat dust etc. Itā€™s just weird :crazy_face:, and frustratingā€‹:rage:.

Itā€™s not going stop us flying,but Iā€™m not into things happening and thereā€™s no apparent reason, I get enough of that with the other halfšŸ˜

Thanks again.

1 Like

I might just do that, I never thought. I gather youā€™ve seen the Dji forum then. Quite a few with the same issue isnā€™t there.

What I might do is install Decembers update see if that freshens things up, itā€™s just weird it happening all of a sudden and no reason, or not to my knowledge, is behind it.

Cheers Wayne

1 Like

Ady what was the December update?

1 Like

We donā€™t track goggles firmware updates on here :confused:

The update which included the 4k 30fps, 120fps modes, noise reduction/sharpness adjustment amongst a few others and also including a flight stability update, which until the other day I hadnā€™t read about.
It was only watching Madstech do a vid on the subject, plus a few tests on the bench that I thought well maybe Iā€™m gonna get that. All the other bumpth Iā€™m not really that bothered about.
Oh I forgot, the remote ID thingy for the yanks. Thatā€™s what kind of put me off in the first place , I know it doesnā€™t effect us in the UK, but you never knowā€‹:thinking:, once itā€™s on your drone itā€™s on. :grin:.
Sorry for the late reply, youā€™ve probably done the old Google by nowšŸ¤£, I was out in our lovely weather with the dogsā€¦who loved it also!

Hereā€™s a link to a decent description of the fw update from Dec 8th for the Avata. I believe itā€™s the same as the one Madstech was looking at in his last vid for the 03 air unit

1 Like

Started a new firmware thread :grinning:

But to be honest the googles 2 updates seem to get tagged with the Avata

1 Like

Iā€™ve edited my above post with a link to the stuff you get :+1:

Cheers Wayne Iā€™ll take a gander at that

1 Like