DJI Hyperlapse - ran out of battery

Stabilise?

Slight movement of buildings could be removed in editing software.

You should still be able to save the images on the MP without them filling your phone.
Leave the hyperlapse setting to save and turn off the caching … a general Go4 setting.

1 Like

Suggestions / link welcome!
(to stabilising software) - I’ll make the caching changes once I’ve recharged everything for another trip out at sunset :))

1 Like

Most video editing software has a stabiliser these days.
I use DaVinci Resolve.

Stabilised version … (low res for speed size)

1 Like

I’d also send a “bug report” to DJI …. even if you run up to critical battery, the Hyperlapse shouldn’t be lost.

Or - perhaps that’s a “Video more important than a safe landing” priority option that should be available. :rofl:

Have you considered running a file recovery program against the SD card (id avoid trying it on the Mavic internal storage just in case it screws it)?

900 photos MUST be somewhere! I can’t imagine the Mavic stores them in memory before processing the video. Might be worth a go?

I used final cut to add the images with 0.5-1.0 second each to make a hyperlapse manually. iMovie would also do it I think or a PC variant.

Good luck! Great hyperlapse!

1 Like

I think some intelligence around the HL function that forces the creation of the final video if the image capturing is interrupted would be very useful. I can’t be the first person to fall foul of this…

Also - I couldn’t find a HL function in Litchi? You can create 2 second continuous photo’s but there’s no function to automatically create the video so you’d have to do what @Longstride suggests.

Lastly - I tried the “Pano” function. It took about 30 pics which I then brought into ICE and stitched them all together (into a 250MB jpeg!). But I can’t see an easy way to create one of those interactive “players” so I could send it to the owners of the house.

Well honestly, for Mavic hyperlapse / time-lapse, I’d tend to just record video and change the speed in edit.
Where the M2P hyperlapse excels is in low/night light, where individual frames can be long exposure complete with light trails.
Creating a video from sequentially numbered stills is as easy as drag’n’drop with most video editors, so that route is a definite option.

The pano question - upload to Kuula and send the people the link.
You need to edit the ICE image by adding “sky” to make the image 2x1 dimension ratio before uploading.
This can be done in Photoshop be adjusting the “canvas” size upward and filling with a suitable colour.
There’s a thread that covers some of this : Swapping/infilling sky on pano's : and many other similar posts the search should find OK.

One of the advantages of just recording (4k) video to re-time into time-lapse is that it’s often difficult, beforehand, to judge the frequency of the images needed to create the right speed of activity in the final result.
With the whole event captured in video (4k allows for better cropping if needed), you can change the timing until you get the correct effect.

1 Like

Brill, thanks very much. Will try tomorrow. Focus now shifting towards ale and a Braai :joy::+1:

You from them parts @Lozzer?

Lolz… Not seen that vid before, very good. I’m a token Saffa. My best mates are all SA’s and I’ve been adopted. It took me several years to get past their innate arrogance and constant dipping in and out of Afrikaans but now they are mostly tolerable :joy::joy::joy:

Cool, my uncle settled in Natal after his boat was torpedoed in the war. Had a lot of cousins down there (now all escaped the troubles and scattered across the globe), visited a few times fantastic part of the world

@anon52324101 your using your works PC when I have had one they lock the inputs to prevent virus attacks
Just a thought

29 minutes is excellent flight time! :+1::+1::+1: