Dji Inspire 2, 03 Air Unit, Speedybee FC Project

These are bits for another project that is on the back burner so why not use them to do something unusual.

The flight controller enables the 03 air unit RX to arm for full RF power and also overlay necessary telemetry for FPV, the flight controller also enables use of servos via Dji RC TX should I want to experiment with other type of attachments.

Flight will be controlled via Inspire TX, this setup will mean being able to fly FPV for round 18-20 min.

Tomorrow I’ll be setting up the final iNav OSD features and Dji FPV TX buttons… :crossed_fingers:

Knocked one of these off in ABS to keep the 03 cool while on the bench and out and about…

Just need to pop out tomorrow for M3x25mm screws.

1 Like

That’s the on the bench cooling done, 12V fan which mounted like this is pushing air right through and out of the other side….

One of the design change was to add a battery power cable restrain.

The GPS mount is well clear of insertion of the batteries.

The air unit on full power doesn’t break a sweat…

It’s more or less ready for a maiden, just need to tidy up the the OSD.

1 Like

Took the 03 / Inspire 2 for maiden, looks promising, more testing to do. I was too rushed and froze my fingers…

2 Likes

Is that O3 with iNav OSD in BF compatibility mode?! Shove every item you can on there would ya?!

Yes it is, alas you’ll have to wait as I’ve dismantled it for hardware modification…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hardware mod done to enable ND filters, including a simple 3D printed stop to stop the camera tilting when pressing the filter on.

Other than the HUD setup, that’s the project done…