DJI Mavic 2 Pro as upgrade from DJI Mini SE

Evening all,

I appreciate that I’ve only been a member on this site for a week but I’ve found a Mavic 2 Pro with a spare battery for sale locally and I’m considering it as a step up from my Mavic Mini SE

Is it still a good drone for hopefully a couple of years of flying and would you in my situation keep my existing Mavic Mini SE as a backup/secondary drone or sell it on and use the profits to upgrade the Mavic 2 Pro?

1 Like

Different beasts all together

The SE will let you fly in a lot of places the MP2 won’t.

I’d keep both

2 Likes

Im focusing on coastal videography and so should be within the open A2 catagory as it wont be over people when over water if I’ve understood the regulations correctly but I do see your point of maintaining a sub 250g drone for the benefits

I have a Mini 3 and I’ve kept my Mavic 2 Zoom - as Chris @milkmanchris has said - the combination covers almost all eventualities. Keep both :+1: :+1: :+1:

Mavic 2 pro is a awesome beast , if it’s affordable get it you won’t regret it , join FPVUk and you get the AO16 so you can fly . I have the M2P , as well as a air 2S and a mini 2 and I was going to sell the M2P but I’m so pleased I didn’t.

1 Like

Totally agree :+1: It’s hard to beat a M2P for image quality. If you are planning to mainly fly at the coast then the heavier weight and power of a M2P will be a boon.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with John on this one. The M2P really is a great machine.

1 Like

Yeah I have done the same

Despite my best efforts, the seller stopped responding to me wanting to collect it the last couple of days