DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Interesting.

1 Like

Good vid that. Have seen a few gripes about the M2P not being as sharp or ‘line skipping’ etc. Seems the concern is to do with the M2P not using the sensor fully.

I’ve come across this a few times recently online and read a response from DJI

I’ll be honest. I bought the M2P because of the newer 1" sensor and although I’ve yet to reach any limits of the sensor (and I possibly wont!) it does leave a teeny bitter taste in the mouth to hear that DJI have held back its performance so as to not tread on the toes of the P4P, although I do question this what with the P5P coming out, which will no doubt raise the bar some more!

Obviously as some one new to this hobby, the M2P is still pretty darn good and this probs wont affect me in these early months (years?!? :P) of ownership, but you still dont want to hear that the potential of the camera (part of the reason I opted for the M2P) is being held back.

My 2pence worth!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s my thoughts as well.

I think when DJI announced a 1" sensor, everyone just assumed it would P4P quality on a Mavic body. They would have killed off the Phantom line if that was the case.

When you forget the full M2P vs P4P debate, the new Mavics camera is incredible for its form factor.

The dynamic range on M2P is incredible and it’s often skipped over by people pixel peeping on a 10x zoomed in image.

I’m happy with mine.

1 Like

You have a good memory then. :wink:
How long since you flew? :rofl:

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure as it was that long ago :rofl:

I’m happy with mine (at least that I can remember).

2 Likes

I think the average person like us are not going to see the difference to be honest.

2 Likes

Indeed :+1: