DJI Mavic 3 Pro / Cine - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

Seems like it maybe a bit like when they released the cine mav 3, quite some price being top end !

May 9th is release date - no idea if that is global, China or wherever.

The email I got suggests 25 April :man_shrugging:

25th is the announcement, but orders will be from 9th May apparently.

So possibly not in the stores straight away.

Somebody may want to let Argos know :laughing:

I have had a board meeting in my company and the purchase has been approved.

Just not sure if I can have a board meeting on my own or do I need to tell my wife, who is the other director?

:joy:

Thatā€™s absolutely fine as long as it was sadly a last minute emergency meeting that just couldnā€™t wait , obviously you will have to have words with your PA ( guessing thatā€™s you ) for not being able to contact the other director in time but often a decision has to be made , obviously you are sorry for how this arose and will recommend better procedures are put in place going forward lol

Whatā€™s in the box:

DJI Mavic 3 Pro
DJI RC Pro
Pair of RC Control Sticks
3x Mavic 3 Intelligent Flight Batteries
6x Pairs of Mavic 3 Low-Noise Propellers
100W USB-C Power Adapter with AC Power Cable
100W Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub
Mavic 3 Pro Storage Cover
Mavic 3 Pro ND Filters Set (ND8/16/32/64)
2x USB-C to USB-C Cable
DJI Shoulder Bag

The DJI Mavic 3 Series is renowned for its exceptional imaging capabilities. The Mavic 3 Pro boasts a triple-camera system that marks a significant milestone for camera drones, featuring three sensors and lenses with varying focal lengths. With a Hasselblad camera and dual tele cameras, the Mavic 3 Pro opens up a whole new world of photography possibilities, allowing you to unleash your creative potential, capture breathtaking scenery, delve into photographic storytelling, and produce cinematic masterpieces.

The Mavic 3 Proā€™s 70mm tele camera provides a range of framing options that suit different themes and scenes. It effectively compresses the depth of field and focus to highlight the subject and create a strong visual center of gravity, adding a unique sense of space to camera movement. With the Mavic 3 Pro, creators can focus on their inspiration and let the droneā€™s advanced capabilities perform a concerto of light and shadow before their eyes.

Experience Immense Detail with the Hasselblad Camera

The Mavic 3 Pro takes professional creation to the next level with its inherited 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera from the Mavic 3 Series. This camera supports 12-bit RAW photo shooting with a native dynamic range of up to 12.8 stops, resulting in unforgettable image details.

The Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS) accurately restores colors that the human eye perceives, allowing for impressive shots without the need for heavy post-production or complex color presets.

Video Specifications

The DJI Mavic 3 Pro offers a new 10-bit D-Log M color mode, capable of recording up to one billion colors. This mode enables natural color gradations with delicate details, even in high-contrast scenarios such as sunrises and sunsets. With reduced difficulty in color grading, creators can enjoy efficient post-production without losing quality or image clarity.

For professional creators, the Mavic 3 Pro Cine provides extensive options. All three cameras support Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, and Apple ProRes 422 LT encoding. The drone also includes a built-in 1TB SSD and a 10 GB/s lightspeed data cable, further facilitating professional creation.

Allegedly

24mm main: 4/3 CMOS ā€¢ 5.1k 120p ā€¢ f2.8 to f11 ā€¢ 20 megapixel.

70mm tele: 1/1.3 CMOS ā€¢ 4k 60p ā€¢ f2.8 fixed ā€¢ 48 megapixel.

166mm tele: 1/2 CMOS ā€¢ 4k 60p ā€¢ f3.4 fixed ā€¢ 12 megapixel.

All three cameras support 10-bit D-Log M mode in video and the main camera 12-bit RAW photo.

Mavic 3 Pro Cine - All three cameras support Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, and Apple ProRes 422 LT encoding.

Flight time 43 minutes.

Mavic 3 Pro 958g
Mavic 3 Pro Cine 963g

So over the 900g threshold.

Yours for a smidgen under Ā£4,000.

I agonised for days over the choice between the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and Mavic 3 Classic. I realised I wouldnā€™t get enough use out of the ProRes to justify the bump in price for the CIne (and knew Iā€™d hate being tied in to a non-removable SSD). And I learned my lesson with the M2Z when it comes to just how little Iā€™d have used the zoom lens. So I ended up going for the Classic.

Will admit, I was a bit worried that the specs for the Mavic 3 Pro would include a big upgrade to the main camera and Iā€™d start getting a bit of lens-envy. I can happily report that there isnā€™t even a slight twinge. None.

Some prices!

These are in Euros (unless there is another French speaking country selling them in another currency)

https://www.interdiscount.ch/de/search?search=mavic+3+pro

All the prices in Europe can be found on this link

Including the wide angle lens, propellor guards, ND filters etc.

Now available to order

from Ā£1879 with RC controller

the original MP4 isnā€™t working now for some reason.

Canā€™t shake the feeling Iā€™ve seen this before somewhereā€¦

When drones go rogue

Wow! The next model out already? Only seems a few minutes since the latest incarnation of the MP3 was announced ā€¦

:crazy_face:

you snooze, you lose :rofl: