DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware updates

This is IOS, so I guess they have the same issue.

For some reason - the latest version for IOS is 1.2.2 - which is the latest you can get even via the DJI site :man_shrugging:

Can only assume (hope!) that the iOS version is delayed whilst awaiting Apple approval. As to how long the SC update will be, it’s anyone’s guess (I have no desire to muck about with side loading, as Android ain’t my bag).

Quite what was going through DJI’s head when they released a new FW that requires an as yet unavailable app update, is a mystery…

1 Like

Well, I just got a notification from my (still 1.2.1) DJI Fly app. Gives a relevant and informative page on the subject.
DJI Care Refresh Launches Flyaway Coverage: Enjoy Worry-Free Flights
So, you have to take a few extra steps to be eligible for the Flyaway Coverage, which are presumably enabled with this 1.2.4 version, once I can get my hands on it.

2 Likes

iOS v1.2.4 is now available on the UK App Store.

2 Likes

Just seen it too. Thanks for sharing.

Funny thing with the Android Fly app, though. I still hadn’t seen it in the Google Play store, but a couple of days ago, it showed up as an available update from Samsung’s Galaxy Store. I guess they (whether it’s more DJI’s or Samsung’s doing, I’ve no idea) made it available there as a workaround to Google’s objections.

I wonder how many other apps Samsung are letting self-force update with zero checks on the authors code :pensive:

Seems to be a new version of the Firmware out today.

Not yet sure what it does, as I can’t immediately find any notes.

1 Like

That’s nothing new with DJI :grimacing:

Where did you see the update?

In DJI Fly - suggesting I download

Just scrolled up and we appear to have missed the April update. Adding here for completeness.

Date: 2021.04.15

Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0610

Remote Controller: v04.11.0016

What’s new?

• Added support to switch between DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, and DJI Mini 2 when using RC -N1 remote controller.

Notes:

• If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

Date: 2021.09.02

Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0650

Remote Controller: v04.11.0016

What’s new?

• Optimized flight safety

Notes:

• If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

For some reason, my aircraft is on:
Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0610

No updates available.

I am not seeing on the Mini 2

I wonder if I have it because I have two drones and apparently this makes it easier to switch between them?

Of course, it could be slowly rolled out.

I have no idea.

Give it time, it can take up to 24hrs to propogate.

And you should never be in any kind of rush to install a DJI firmware update :grimacing:

1 Like

Too right.

So here’s an interesting one…

DJI have pulled the v01.01.0650 firmware update and reverted back to the previous version:

I fully expect there to be another update pushed out in the next 24hrs.

1 Like

Yes - I noticed the update had gone.