DJI Mavic Air 2 - Loss of signal

Hey,

I’ve recently received a Mavic air 2 my first “serious” drone. I’ve taken it out for a few short flights near where I live and I’m having issues with the signal from the controller resulting in a total loss and RTH at 900meters. This is flying in open space over a river with no clear obstacles.

Has anyone else had this issue or suggest ways to extend the range (I needed about 50m more to my desired location)

Thanks

Couple of options in the below:

And:

1 Like

That’s actually a pretty respectable range, especially if you were using the 5GHz band option.

It’s also worth noting that even though public use of 5GHz, especially with drones, is relatively new it’s still quite a congested portion of the spectrum. There’s all manor of low powered licence exempt devices on there, not just WiFi, and some not so low powered uses.

I’ll definitely check them out. I’m not going to lie I didn’t realize we had different modes depending on which country we were in

Take off nearer ?

Otherwise were you in airpane mode on your device and not near any large chunks of metal (including a car) ?

Can you still see a drone 950m away?

Yes.

3 Likes

Especially if you have the stobes on.

Can you pull over at the next cloud on the left sir, I need to see your part 107 and drone MOT

police-car-siren

:thinking:

If my MP can easily lift a bottle of beer, then it could probably carry one effing hugely bright strobe.

<<Googles effing hugely bright strobes>>

1 Like