DJI Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini 2, Tablet Mount Holder Bracket

Thought I would just share what I have purchased, after raising one eyebrow at the look of this cheap plastic , let alone working with a tablet…

I purchased for £3.79 from China , worth a gamble I thought… It as turned out absolutely brilliant for a small piece of plastic that actually works well…

Pictures attached and well worth the money and wait which was 2 weeks until post arrived.

It holds my Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite 8 inch tablet, quite solid in the frame and I am well please, this cheap product is definately worth buy , it has my thumbs up…

3 Likes

A link to the vendor would be useful for others. :wink:

2 Likes

Printable do you think ?

2 Likes

Here is a link…

1 Like

If you have the measurement, totally printable , but you have to weigh up the cost , so cheap to purchase from China…

I have one of these it’s great for the iPad mini.

1 Like

Flown with it yet? I thought the aerials are in the end of the phone holder which will now be under your tablet.

1 Like

Yes, agree just behind top of tablet, I will have a test flight over the weekend, to see how it performs.

Just have to wait for my new slightly longer cable to turn up…

1 Like

Just in case it was rubbish , I also purchased another holder a week ago which has not turned up as of yet, but yet to test…

1 Like

Just the URL on it’s own line creates the preview.

… rather than …

[https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STARTRC-DJI-Mavic-Air-2-Mavic-Mini-Controller-Tablet-iPad-Holder-iPhone-Bracket/264931154260?hash=item3daf209954:g:fuAAAOSw00VfqN8h](https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STARTRC-DJI-Mavic-Air-2-Mavic-Mini-Controller-Tablet-iPad-Holder-iPhone-Bracket/264931154260?hash=item3daf209954:g:fuAAAOSw00VfqN8h)

2 Likes

Thank you Ozone, much appreciated… :+1:

1 Like

My Mavmount fits perfectly and obviously will not interfere with anything :+1:

3 Likes

Look at this for pennies

1 Like

I wouldn’t have even thought to try that :man_facepalming:

Thanks for sharing the pics :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Tried before he even ordered the M2 :wink:

2 Likes

Ha ha thanks to you @milkmanchris it’s perfect :+1:

Hi, I made the same thing out of stainless steel welding wire (I thought I’d thought of it first! Obviously not!) Anyway I have flown a couple of times up to full height above me and deliberately put controller horizontal so aerials shielded by tablet (same one as OP BTW) and looked at signal which seemed fine. Interested to see if you find signal affected.

2 Likes

I have flown with this mount extension and as far as I could tell it made no difference whatsoever to the signal in VLOS.
Whether that would change if flown “further” I do not know.

If you are concerned about the range then there are also the “Yagi Antennae extension” which when added do extend the antennae beyond an iPad Mini (just ! )
There is a YouTube (American) video showing a Mavic Air 2 using the Yagi extensions flying to over 9 miles from the controller, so far in fact that he has to get into his pickup and drive towards the MA2 as the battery would not have sufficient charge to bring it back to launch position, however this was not using the controller extension figured in this thread, so might be irrelevant to this discussion. ?
Rob

1 Like

2nd lead I purchased as first too short this one has a nice little Velcro strap to secure excess

2 Likes

And now being sent back for replacement due to C/end being sloppy in MM2 controller FFS new one being sent out will update as to fitment

1 Like