DJI Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini 2, Tablet Mount Holder Bracket

Would a light touch / crimp with some pliers not have cured it?

2 Likes

Hi @PingSpike sent back now hope replacement is ok tbh managed today ok with Iphone flying :+1:

Replacement the same tried the pliers no different, so it’s chucked in the Sh1t draw with a million other leads etc, ordered a spark lead hope that does the trick :+1:

I have this type of clip, and it works well with my iPad Mini 4

One thing of note though - if you use Yagi range extenders then the 2.4GHz variant won’t fit as the antenna elements foul against the back if the tablet, but the 5.8GHz ones are fine thanks to their shorter elements

1 Like

Didn’t you find holding this set-up (with the tablet over the aerials) felt all out-of-balance with the tablet trying to pull the RC away from due to it’s greater weight? I note the DJI option mounts the tablet over the the RC (so the sticks are hidden) to provide a better balanced and more comfortable operating position.

I have tried to reciprocate this using the mount below I’ve just received today, but couldn’t tighten the lock nuts up sufficiently to lock everything in place, so it’s getting returned. But, in terms of balance and weight it did feel better.

Replace Phone Tablet Bracket Holder Pad Gimbal Tripod For DJI Mavic 2/Air/Pro RC | eBay

1 Like

Hi. I bought this for my Mini2 controller and my Huawei 9.5 inch tablet, but it does not fit. It says up to 7.9 inch tablets and mine is 6.5 inches in width, so am I misunderstanding the size?
I also bought this tablet as it said it was compatible with DJI but did not tell me that it does not fit the controller. I thought there would have been some standardization by now or am I just thick?

Pete.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088T3T2ZT/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

1 Like

Device screens are measured diagonally just like a TV.

That item fits up to a 7.9" tablet but yours is a 9.5" so not going to fit.

In the description it states height≤13.5cm.

2 Likes

Click here tablets upto 11inch

1 Like

This maybe of interest :wink:

DIY MavMount for Air / Mini 2 controller

2 Likes

Thx for that Callum, I didn’t know that. Saw the 7.2" and measured my tablet so I thought it would fit.
I can build a PC desktop from scratch but clueless when it comes to phones and tablets.

1 Like

I see a lot of people use iPad mini but I have an 11" tablet. What’s the best mount that will work with the Air 2/Mini 2 controller?

@PeteL_Mini2 You might have a look at the one I made. I still have to compile a parts list, but so far is is working well.

1 Like

Got this yesterday for my mini 2 with Huawei mediapad lite 8 inch

2 Likes

@scottydog Exactly same setup as me and it works perfect … as in my original post… Ideal…

1 Like

I think your original post was where I got the idea lol , if it was thank you lol

1 Like

Hey No prob, we are all here to share ideas…

2 Likes

Hi

Is this using the standard mount bracket that comes with the controller. I have a similar mount for my 7.85" CrystalSky monitor, I just wonder if it will take the weight.

If anyone else has used a CrystalSky with a Mini or Mini 2 can you let me know how well it works.

Thanks

You can’t use a CrystalSky with either of the Mini models as the CS can’t run the DJI Fly app :confused:

I just got this for my ipad Air 3,holds it solid.

Lot of this Chinese made stuff needs small bolts and nuts replacing with quality types…Using a GOOD screwdriver and a nut runner can be beneficial when tightening up. Nut runner? I hear people ask?? :rofl: