DJI (Mavic) Air 2S mega thread

Aye, fixed aperture. Is this a big deal at this consumer level? I understand the inconvenience. Perhaps this model will never have variable aperture.

1 Like

This begs the question… is the 2S better then the MP2??? :thinking: :thinking: :wink: :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

Depends does it have Occunsync 3 and ADSB?

3 Likes

I can fly the 2s sideways into a tree :thinking: :deciduous_tree:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

Another big question , will it work with the smart controller , apparently occusync 3 is just a software upgrade? :thinking: :thinking: :grimacing:

I read that too, but the replies to it seemed to pop poo that

Occusync is the entire transmit and receive system which is a combination of antennas, amplifiers, signal processors, and video encoders/decoders. So it really isn’t even mostly software.

1 Like

@milkmanchris Guess that means the S/C will not be much good then? Oh well , will have to share the ipad mini , which has my Autel Evo software with the DJI fly app… :wink: :wink:

How else will DJI set the scene for the updated Smart Controller 2? It’s 2 years old isn’t it? Way overdue for a nice upgrade to handle both OccuSync 2+3…

2 Likes

And just seen this thread… DJI will not be waiting long… :slight_smile:

1 Like

10BIT though.

1 Like

More nails in the Mavic 3 coffin?

2 Likes

Has anyone seen a retail price for this yet? That’ll be the most likely giveaway as to if this is the Mavic 2 Pro replacement or not

2 Likes

:sob::man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’ve seen $1200 - £950 somewhere, could be wrong.

1 Like

If that was the case, surely it would have side sensors? Did I read somewhere that this also has a fixed aperture?

Why would DJI release a lower priced (not that I am aware of the price yet) drone with less spec than the M2P to replace their flagship prosumer drone? Surely that would not make business sense?

The way I am looking at it is that when they do finally update the M2P that it is going to be one rocking piece of kit.

7 Likes

Check the Argos web site tomorrow :blush:

4 Likes

:point_up_2: what I’m waiting for :+1: :grinning:

3 Likes

Me too, else I would have Rich’s Inspire in my possession right now.

3 Likes

Now if THAT is what Autel plan to release , DJI need to get busy ! That Autel controller looks fantastic , far nicer then the current DJI smart controller… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :wink: :+1: