DJI Mavic Mini 1 and 2 ND Filters

Thank you for the very clear explanation @Mouldy

Just guessing…does ND stand for “neutral density”?

Yes, it does.

1 Like

Thanks, Mouldy :+1:

So I just got up early to catch the beautiful sunrise with my mini 2.
It was so bright.
I think it could do with some Nd filters.
I know this has probably been done before ,but which ones to buy .
Also have been reading that the Mini 2 gimbal doesn’t sometimes like them ,have read about shaking and noises coming from it .
Any experiences or thoughts with Nd filters and the Mini 2 please?

I have Freewell filters for my Mini 2, but they will only be effective for video. Really not much use for still photography and although available, graduated NDs are ill conceived and impractical on a drone as it would be virtually impossible to align the graduation with the horizon to get best effect and composition.

Check out this thread - DJI Mavic Mini 1 and 2 ND Filters - Questions & Answers - Grey Arrows Drone Club UK

Thanks for that
In all of it no mention of gimbal issues .
I have just read some reviews on various ones and quite a few having gimbal issues with Nd filters.

1 Like

Hi @Olly50 I’ve moved your post here, loads of info for you ;o)

1 Like

I’ve been using a cpl filter on my mini 2 for the last 2 weeks. No noise or issues at all.

Just nicer looking videos

Thanks got a freewell cpl on the way.
See how it goes.

2 Likes

Quicker than Hermes can deliver a parcel undamaged

3 Likes

30fs 4K. What was the S/Speed

:man_shrugging: Not a Scooby, sorry.

:wink:

I’m looking to buy some ND filters very soon and at my level and my budget I don’t think I want to stretch to the cost of Feewell ones.
I get the build quality should be better but has anyone had any ‘false economy’ concerns with the Sunnylife ones?
The range in a box looks better for a start on top of the cost saving.

there is the SKYREAT filters there bout £60 roughly

I’ve had these sitting in my Amazon wish list until such a time I get to take my Mini2 out on its first adventure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092DCW11P/?coliid=IDDXZOTZPMHP9&colid=3LQQBQLINZSKA&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I believe they’re the same as the generic no name filters as the Sunnylife filters.

Here’s a video comparison between the Sunnylife filters and the Freewell filters.

1 Like

they are the sunnylife ones as tthere the 1s i have exacly justt the sellers change the beginning name :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got some FreeWell on face book market place saved a bit ££

1 Like

I bought these PGYTECH ones a month or so ago. First use yesterday and I went too dark. Will get the hang of it though with more use.

1 Like