DJI Mavic Mini (Fly As You Are)

:grimacing:

4 Likes

@PingSpike Stop looking out of the window Rich, they will knock.

1 Like

Must resist, MUST RESIST!!!.. :cold_sweat:.
:no_entry_sign: Stay away from the “Buy Button” :no_entry_sign:.

2 Likes

Later dudes, I’m outta here :smiley:

5 Likes

Straight out to test its night flying/photography/video capabilities?

3 Likes

Charging the world now :confused:

Well, first thoughts?

Fuck me it’s light…

And those props feel REALLY flimsy. I tried test fitting the drone in my pocket and nearly snapped the props on the way out, definitely needs something around them in transit.

I don’t appear to be able to charge the controller by passing through the charing hub, unless it charges the controller after the batteries are done - anyone confirm?

Not impressed that everything fits in the supplied case except the UK charging plug. #fail

Just ordered one of those folding plugs from Amazon, might then fit in the case.

Did I mention how light it was?!

Size comparison with a single prop from the Inspire :rofl:

5 Likes

Btw, no Drone Code leaflet in the box. I’m sure my old Mavic Pro came with one? :thinking:

1 Like

Mine did (or something similar) … three years ago!

I hope your phone has a macro mode or we’ll never be able to see it in the pics. :wink:

I’m not sure what impresses me more…

How small the mini is or the size of those inspire props.

3 Likes

I think the floor tiles may be very small? :wink:

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

I’m also impressed that the Mini charging hub can be used as a portable power pack :+1:t2:

Although that said, so could a regular Mavic/Phantom/Inspire battery with the use of the little USB adaptor thing I suppose…

Ok, not so impressed now.

3 Likes

Jesus, that’s minute!.. VLOS for the mini is only going to be about 30’… :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll let you know if ever it finishes charging up :roll_eyes:

Maiden flight planned for tomorrow lunchtime!

Anyone else flown theirs yet??

Nope, no flight yet, weather has been shite, with rain most of the day !, it’s all charged, App installed, ready to go (i think?).
Off to France tomorrow, it may just hitch a ride for the day you never know may get it up (so to speak).

Strange about the case, my usual supplier (Buzzflyer) were giving away a genuine DJI Shoulder bag with pre-orders.
It’s obviously been made for the Mini, so why didn’t they supply one as a standard with the Flymore, would have made more sense?.
Then you could pack it as you wanted, not be tied to the position of this, as it is in the supplied case.

Quick question, is the DJI Fly AP in the Android store?

I can download it from DJI direct but not find it in Google Play Store. Is this yer another example of a DJI product release before the support software is ready?

Nidge

Links in the first post.

I found it OK by going to Go4, clicking on “DJI Technology Co” and it lists all the DJI apps.

Wasn’t expecting this until Monday but got a message this morning to say it was out for delivery. Got home to sign for it 15 mins before the driver turned up. Phew!

1 Like
3 Likes

That’s one way of getting past the limited video modes of the Mini. :+1:

2 Likes