DJI Mini 2 and 3-bladed props. Any good?

Saw these on wish £4. Anybody tried 3

bladed props on the mini 2?

4quid props from wish on a £500 bit of kit… think I’ll pass :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Has manufacturer agreed to alteration of Mini 2 ? Propellers give lift and thrust and not all propellers are made equal…and CAA state you must use manufactured recommended parts…DMRES point 10 making every flight safe …using different propellers than those recommended by the manufacturer is a modification and you are then unable to fly recreational, residential, industrial or commercial areas

How’s that work with self builds then ?

2 Likes

The CAA say should, not must. Completely different meanings.

1 Like

DJI props are not much more at £11 … but they are DJI :wink:

The CAA say you must follow manufacturer instructions, …does the manufacturer say you can use different parts? DMARES point 10…self build isn’t the same as a branded item

1 Like

It would be interesting to experiment with them - I know going from 2 blades to 3 on my Chimera 4 made it quieter

Modifying a C class drone or model aircraft

Modifying means changing anything that affects the weight or how the drone or model aircraft flies. It does not include replacing broken or damaged parts with new ones of the same design. For example, replacing broken rotor blades with new rotor blades specified by the manufacturer.

At the end of the day…if everyone has taken DMARES…then you know the rules…those who have taken further competency certification should be setting an example…one mistake and we are all tarred with the same brush…if you don’t know the rules then take the DMARES test and stop flying until you know have taken the test…it’s basic stuff…

1 Like

Landing legs ?

Crees affect the weight ?

Does anybody actually own a C class drone? :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t see the difference

as in the phrase; We should drive according to the speed limit…

If a drone’s ‘alternative’ props came adrift at height, caused some accident and it got to a court, I don’t see the judge giving anything away with the words should over must, personally.

I think I know which way it would probably go… :joy:

You can NOT alter a branded manufactured drone like DJI unless the manufacturer gives permission…read the rules…

2 Likes

The rules state you must follow manufacturer instructions also

Modifying a C class drone or model aircraft

If you modify any C class drone or model aircraft, it no longer counts as a C class drone or model aircraft. Instead, you must follow the rules for the flying weight of your drone: either lighter than 250g, or 250g and above.

It does not matter whether you’ve increased the weight or not.

For example, if you have a C1 drone and you change the motor to one that’s not specified by the drone manufacturer, you can no longer fly your drone in recreational, residential, industrial or commercial areas.

Modifying means changing anything that affects the weight or how the drone or model aircraft flies. It does not include replacing broken or damaged parts with new ones of the same design. For example, replacing broken rotor blades with new rotor blades specified by the manufacturer.

Take not replacing new blades with blades specified by the manufacturer…

1 Like

My iFlight Nazgul 5 V2 is a branded manufactured drone, I can barely recognise it as standard anymore after all the added mods I’ve fitted :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

No one has a C class drone as they don’t exist. Also non of our current drones will ever be C class and we are already following the rules for flying weight. For example if you change the props on a Mini 2 and it’s still under 250g then there is no difference, you will still be following the rules for a sub 250g drone :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Can you technically even call it a Nazgul5 anymore? Should really be calling it a Deano Special now :rofl:

The CAA recommends that RPAS operators and remote pilots should:

• Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installing/removing propellers.
  • Ensure good condition of all propellers before each flight.
  • Do not use aged, chipped, or broken propellers.
  • Check, not just the surface and edge of the propellor, but also the hub/root and attachment points.
  • Only use original or manufacturer-approved parts.
  • Do not mix propeller types. When different types of propellers are approved for use all propellers fitted must be the same type.
  • Consider adding cross-checks to your pre-flight procedures to double-check installation, especially where the propellors are regularly removed/attached for transportation.
3 Likes

Anyways after that huge detour off topic. I’d avoid buying anything from wish! :rofl:

2 Likes