DJI Mini 2 and 3-bladed props. Any good?

If you use non OEM props and your drone crashed causing you to make either an insurance or warranty claim I would hazard a guess that any warranties or insurance cover would be void. For that reason I would stick to OEM parts. JMHO.

1 Like

Especially props from wish :rofl: they’ll probably disintegrate mid air lol

Or each prop will be a different size lol

As wish stuff goes they’re probably quite good quality, on wish you can get a whole gps camera drone for around the same price :laughing:

1 Like

Same for me. And more stable

1 Like

It’s great that we all can have a laugh and a joke…but at the same time we should all be promoting safety …and if the rules say no…then instead of giving reasons why you think they are wrong…we should be pointing out the rule that says you can’t. I love this hobby, I like getting out and flying, i would hate if due to someone not following the rules, some terrible incident were to happen. We all know that we have problems with society in general…so let’s be responsible and follow the rules…and may you all fly high and enjoy the hobby…and be safe in what you do.

2 Likes

Which would probably rule out not updating the firmware

1 Like

It’s not your job to enforce the rules, same as its not mine…

And to be honest it’s pretty demeaning of you to assume that we haven’t read the rules.

As long as you are following the rules, you have no reason to worry about others. That’s not your problem.

This topic is about after market props and has nothing to do with rules and regs. Just saying. :+1:t2:

@DeanoG60 you are right it’s not up to me to enforce the rules…that’s up to the CAA…and it’s not demeaning to assume you haven’t read the rules…you more than likely have but decided they don’t apply to you., and it’s not right that as long as I follow the rules…it’s more of a case that god forbids, if there is a serious accident because someone hasn’t followed the rules, or decided they don’t apply to them, then the CAA take action that will effect not just me but all those that do follow the rules, and the topic was on using 3 bladed proper as opposed to manufacturer propellers for a DJI mini 2, so it has everything to do with the regulations…just saying

3 Likes

That’s a pretty bold assumption. You don’t know anything about me. Anyway I’m done with this conversation as it’s completely off topic. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Back on track, I have ordered a set, will probably take 3 months to arrive as the seller is based in Mexico.
Will attach and fly around a field at low and very low altitude carefully.
Will update when they arrive

1 Like

In the name of science! Good luck my guy, hope it goes well! Look forward to the update :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

He’s not far off though :laughing:
download

Continuing the discussion from Master Airscrew props for Mini 2 & SE:

Just found one of Shawn’s videos on CAA prop replacements and other replacements.
Ow well

How about LED props? Not the best video to promote them, props stick and he crashes it

1 Like

I own close to 100 Drones and about 20 model aircraft, none of which have a C classification, and other than my Mini2 I’d be hard pushed to find any OEM propellors for any of them.

Going by the same argument I must be contravening my insurance policy and violating the CAA regulations as I’m flying my Mini2 with a mobile device that is not on DJI’s compatible device list. It was on their list but it isn’t anymore.

You have to remember that these regulations were written by folk whom most likely have never handled a drone or model aircraft.

2 Likes

I understand what your saying…and there are no “C” classified drones on the market that I know of…but it also states that you have to follow manufacturer instructions …and all manufacturers that I know of do not allow you use third party parts…they want the money…not wanting to give it to a third party….though again I know there are self build…at the end of the day…I am pointing out what the rules state…everyone is going to do what they want…it’s like driving a car without insurance…the sh1t hits then fan when your have an accident…and the insurance decides not to pay out because you were not using manufacturers parts…or the CAA get involved…

Do you have the exact same make and spec of tyre on your car as when it left the factory ? How about oil/air filter/oil filter/antifreeze/fuel filter ? When it needs repairs do you ensure only OEM parts are used ?

Do you only use ‘manufacturer recommended’ detergent in your washing machine ?

I suspect the answers to the above are ‘no’ - because most industries accept the use of non-OEM parts in their products as long as they are of equivalent specification. Car insurance will still pay out even if you’ve fitted El Cheapo Taiwanese ditchfinder tyres instead of a decent brand.

In the case of Master Airscrew props, I’d suggest that given they have been manufacturing props for 40 years ( i.e. much longer than DJI have existed ) they are a fairly reputable manufacturer and their products would be deemed as acceptable replacements by anyone other than a moneygrabbing drone manufacturer

2 Likes

Id use HQ, Gemfan, Master airscrew props over Apple every day of the week. Far higher quality.

But anyway, 3 blade props are going to give you more power output compared to two blades, but they will be louder burn through batteries more quickly, draw more current from the ESC and put more strain on the motors…honestly dont know why you would want more power on a floating tripod but if you do feel thats what you want those are the general drawbacks when using 3 blades over 2 blades.

@MartG1960 …if you fail to use the recommended manufactures parts whilst your car is under guarantee then it would void the guarantee…but a car manufacturer does not say you you have to use a certain brand…though I doubt it would void your insurance …I would imagine the same with any item that is purchased with a guarantee…the CAA state specifically you have to use original or manufacturer approved parts…and I know that DJI only recommend there own propellers… I have 4 of there aircraft….but as I say people will do as they want…it will only be taken to task by the CAA when a serious accident occurs…we all know what the rules say…we’ve all taken the basic exam…some have taken more exams…so we either follow the rules and use manufacturer recommended parts or decide the rules are there to be broken…that’s totally up to the individual …

:sleeping:

2 Likes