DJI Mini 2 batteries are not auto-discharging

On most “intelligent” batteries from DJI, pressing the power button briefly to check the charge level also resets the discharge days-counter back to zero.

Meaning that if I check my Mavic Pro battery level today, I then have to wait another ten days before it starts to discharge. If I check it again on day six, I think have to wait another ten days, and so on.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the recent firmware update for the Mini 2 just starts the battery countdown and that the countdown doesn’t stop when the battery power levels are checked.

The Mini 2 batteries don’t have a power button on them so the only way to check is by putting one in a drone and briefly pressing the power button, or briefly pressing the power button on the charging hub (which then checks all 3 batts), or by taking one out of the hub and dropping it back in again.

I suspect this checking action on the Mini 2 batteries doesn’t pause the timer and that the batteries will still start to discharge, regardless of how often they are checked.

Not an issue as such, just a different way to what many of us have gotten used to.