DJI Mini 2 batteries are not auto-discharging

Mine have, they’re still in a Lipo bag. Don’t trust DJI to fix it and the batteries have been fully charged in the charger case for too much of the time I’ve already had the Mini 2.

You need to do more flying!! get out more :grinning:

2 Likes

I updated all 3 Mini 2 batteries and placed 2 in the charger and 1 in the drone for 4-5 days.
The one in the drone decreased to 96%. 2nd has decreased from 4 solid LED markers to 3 solid and 1 blinking in about 5 days (which means below 92%). 3rd one is still on 4 solid led lights, I’ve put it in the drone for a second and the app showed 95%.

Well all I can say are my batteries are discharging slightly but not equally… All were sat in the charger, 2 showed 4 lights one showed three. Sticking them in the drone and the showed 96, 92, and 88 percent. Going to charge them up and leave them for a week and check again.

1 Like

Hi folks - the upgrade to the latest firmware for my Mini 2 has been a problem saga as upon upgrading, my mini2 version within the fly app was reported as N/A. Putting each of the fly more combo batteries in the mini2 did not result in the fly app asking to upgrade my batteries firmware. I ended up “changing” The DJI Assistant app to allow the firmware flash so I can then deploy the latest firmware again so as to correct the issue with the version not being reported in the DJI fly app. After this was sorted I hoped that I will be now asked to update the battery firmware for each of the batteries but this has not happened despite how many times I have tried. I have confirmed that the discharge does not happen as I left the batteries in the charging hub and pressed the button after a week and all four LEDs were on for all batteries. Any advice? Has anyone else experienced anything similar, please?

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Have you tried refreshing the firmware?

Follow this procedure, the battery that is in at the time will automatically be updated, when you fit the others it should then initiate there firmware update

Hi - Thank you very much for the response. Yes I Have tried both the refresh to the current version + the downgrade to the previous version so I can allow the fly app to recommend the upgrade to the latest version but neither option presented “the new battery firmware” message when I switched the batteries in sequence. This makes me think that probably all batteries have been somehow updated during my refresh/upgrade attempts but when I left them in the charger for a week the number of lit lights did not reduce to indicate a discharge had taken place.

Try checking them with the fly app when in the drone, to be honest i still dont leave mine in the charging hub

1 Like

Thank you! I will try that.

1 Like

Just to add, iOS or Android ?

Sorry I should have mentioned. iOS.

1 Like

Mine have all discharged to 93%.
I can confirm the update does work.

2 Likes

I never let the app update on its own, preferring to uninstall the old version manually then install the new one.

Too much crap left behind I find when letting it do it’s self.

1 Like

Yep, same here

4 Likes

This chap says it’s fixed but they don’t drain to 72% until 9 days, the manual has been changed from 5 days. By day 12 his test batteries on new firmware, 1 out & 1 in the charging unit, were both 71%. A battery with the old firmware in the charging unit was 97% after 12 days.

Hi, is anyone else having the same trouble as me. Batteries charged up and left in the hub for 6.5 days and still not discharging.

I have done a little video. I would be very interested to hear your experiences. Have you batteries started behaving or not, or have you not even checked? Cheers

This already has a post of it’s own. Please look in the search box. Probably Admin will be along and transfer it.

2 Likes

Thanks, should have put my glasses on! :+1:t2:

See my earlier post & link to video which appears to confirm it works but not as soon as you expect. They changed the manual as well :joy:

1 Like

BE sure to put each battery in the drone and then run DJI Fly if the battery hasn’t already been updated you will see the message 'updating battery firmware on the front screen. When finished the drone will power off and you will know that battery has been updated.