DJI Mini 2 firmware updates

Date: 2021.04.15

Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0300

Remote Controller firmware: v04.11.0016

What’s New?

• Added support to switch between DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, and DJI Mini 2 when using RC-N1 remote controller.

FYI, although released on 15th April, DJI have only updated their web site with this firmware notice today :roll_eyes:

With DJI Assistant 2, you can roll back the Firmware on the RC-N1 controller to v02.00.1200
But you cant roll back the drone firmware?

It did allow the roll back, but i just tried again so i could get a screen shot and now it wont! how strange :man_shrugging:

Date: 2021.06.16

Aircraft Firmware: v01.03.0000

Remote Controller firmware: v04.11.0016

What’s New?

• Added support for DJI Smart Controller (requires DJI Smart Controller v01.01.00.58 or later).
  • Optimized gimbal FPV mode to improve flying experience.
  • Optimized auto-discharge process for battery. Refer to DJI Mini 2 User Manual for more information.
  • Improved flight stability and greatly reduced quantity of compass calibration prompts

3 Likes

This suggests that the firmware update needs to be applied to each and every battery that you own.

1 Like

doesnt seem tyo be live yet!

Live now - I’m updating everything as we speak.

2 Likes

Got the update on the phone, not got the drone with me though!

What update do you have on the phone if the drones not connected? Didn’t think it was an app update. My phone’s not offered an update.

More than that I cannot tell you.

2 Likes

Does this mean that the batteries will discharge while in the charging hub? Or are we still leaving the batteries out?

This should solve the problem.

Should… :wink:

Let us know??

It’s not fixed until I’ve seen @Windswept 's YouTube video confirming it :grin:

1 Like

Android, mine updated drone firmware and flysafe but didn’t mention the battery (#1). Swapped #1 for #2, no battery update until I relaunched the app. Same for #3, had to relaunch the app.

Back to battery #1, did the same again, no update offered. I’m assuming it was updated along with the drone’s firmware.

This was the same for mine on apple.
I actually updated battery #3 with the smart controller, just to see if it would

1 Like
1 Like

And exactly the same here.

Just charging batteries to see what happens.

3 Likes

I just need GPC to make make a case for the Mini 2 and the Smart Controller and my life will be complete.

2 Likes