DJI Mini 2 firmware updates

Thank you kindly @Sparkyws

3 Likes

Did the last update ever get fixed by the way? Slow to get sats and all that jazz. I still haven’t updated.

Does anyone know if the latest mini 3 update is worth running on my mini 2? Dont want to bugger it up uneccesarily but the prompt is annoying me everytime I turn the drone on. :thinking:

I would never update a mini 2 with a mini 3 update.

Do you mean the fly app update?

This would be v1.6.2.

This fixes the quick transfer that was broken on the Mavic 3 and Mini 3.

If you are being asked to upgrade a mini 2 with. Mini 3 firmware I would check things out in very close detail as it should never ask this and you should never do it. It would probably brick the drone.

Saying that I doubt if it would actually allow you to do it anyway.

If your current software version is working fine for you I would NOT update it. Ignore the prompts. I didn’t, and then spent weeks with dodgy connections, crashing software, missing live feeds. I am now on 1.4.8 which seems to be behaving itself. I would have went back to 1.4.2 but I use the drone tweaks software and its the furthest back they go.

Great thanks… its good to get a second opinion. I did have a drop in RC connection performance but not as bad as some with the last upgrade. If I turn off automatic update I’m guessing the message will stop. :thinking:

Im not sure if it will stoppl the nagging to be honest, i guess you’ll have to try and see? Would definitely turn off auto updates though .

Mini 2 firmware update released - DJI release note file not updated yet :man_shrugging:

Overview:

• Date: 2022.03.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.04.0000
  • Remote Controller firmware: V04.11.0032
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.5.10
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.5.10

What’s New?

• Optimized flight safety.

Think Optimised flight safety probably means hacks have been blocked :thinking: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Didn’t the last one do that anyway?

Apologies - DJI have publish the wrong update notes with this update - it should be as follows:

Overview:

• Date: 2022.06.17
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.05.0000
  • Remote Controller firmware: v04.11.0034
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.6.6
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.6.6

What’s New?

• Added Support for Japanese RID requirements (requires DJI Fly v1.6.6 or later).

1 Like

Not sure I need Japanese RID … can’t they localise updates?

Apparently there are some other benefits. GAVINHR on YT has a video test of this revision and indicates that satellite lock time is improved and AE Lock indication has been restored.

I received a replacement mini2 yesterday that has had the latest firmware version on. I have sent dji an email complaining but that is for anither thread. I’m not bothered about drone hacks, when I want to fly fcc I use drone tweaks which to my knowledge is not affected.
What other things should I be aware of before registering/pairing? For instance, I use dji fly 1.4.8 as anything after that is crap, will this new firmware force me to update the app

What’s New?
• Added support for Japanese RID requirements (requires DJI Fly v1.6.6 or later).

REMOTE ID :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

So in otherwords it will force me to update the fly app. I think I’ll wait to get a response from my email to dji. Ive basically told them I either want my own drone repaired and sent back with the firmware version that was in it, or they can arrange collection of its replacement and have the firmware version downgraded. I know they’ll do neither, but I’ll have some fun trying.

Well I had a response to my email already via phone. The reason my replacement has the new firmware is because it was a brand new one and not a refurb as is usually the case. They have promised to ask DJI if there is any way to roll back the firmware, but we all know what the answer to that will be. They will not repair and send back my original unit either, so I’m stuck with what I have. At least its a brand new one and not a refurb.

" Your request(#4559917)has been updated.

Dear Clark,

Greetings from DJI, we hope this message finds you well.

After our pleasant conversation I will follow up for you to see if there is a possibility to get the unit’s firmware rolled back."

I’ve just bound the new drone to my account and it immediately done update on RC. But strangley, it isn’t forcing a software update for dji fly? Can’t fully test flight but it’s working and flying in the hotel room. I’ll try again outdoors once the rain stops and find somewhere outside Cumbernauld FRZ

1 Like

None of the Mini 2 updates (firmware or App are forced) but depending on the setting on the phone/tablet and within the app (turn off auto firmware and app updates) they can run the auto-update

My Huawei tablet has its own play store that will Auto update the apps if I don’t disable it

I have been doing some tests with the app as mine (1.4.2) keeps crashing, this has only just started

I will share what I have found in the next few days, but basically, I am now on the latest version and it seems stable

If you have a Dronehacks licence you can use the companion app with any fly app to enable FCC

Hi!

Pondering on wether I should update my firmwares to the latest version?

I know there’s anti roll back in place but I don’t intend on doing any hacks to my mini 2, I’m simply wondering if there’s any benefit to having the latest firmware.

Currently:

App version: 1.9.0
A/C Firmware 01.03.0000
R/C Firmware 04.11.0032

Any input would be appreciated.