DJI mini 3 pro batteries

I can’t find an answer to this, 2 questions
With the DJI battery charger can you use it to carry your 3 batteries in when you are out will it run them down
And secondly if you put a depleted battery back in will it draw charge from the other 2.

The Batteries can be stored in the hub but they will self-discharge over time whether in the hub or not as they are intelligent

No, this won’t happen, they also charge independently, the one that will reach full charge quickest will charge first, and so on.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_user_manual_v1.0_en.pdf

1 Like

Hi Sparkyyws, many thank for that.

1 Like

Hi turn your batteries round the opposite way and put them in the hub they wont discharge and they only go in 3/4 of the way down ,thats how i carry mine in my dji bag mate

If I know I am not going to use my Mini 3 for a week or so (when or not the batteries are fully charged) I thought it might be a good idea to store my batteries by just putting them in the charging hub but not pushing them in completely. Or should I just push them in all the way and assume that being an intelligent batteries they will discharge appropriately for storage.

It shouldn’t make a difference :+1:

Remember back in the early Mini 2 days, when it did? :scream:

1 Like
1 Like

Many thanks for the link to the video. Since the Mini 3 are the same type of batteries as in the Mini 2 I will be storing them in the hub but not fully pushed in. In that position the batteries do not come into contact with the pins.

The batteries in my Mavic Mini are of a different type and storage is not an issue. BUT the Mini 3 with RC controller is a considerably better bit of kit.

Back in the (early, pre-fix) Mini 2 days we’d either put them in backwards to make sure the pins didn’t touch, or we’d use 3D printed caps to prevent contact.

Times have, thankfully, changed.

Push them in.

That’s what the storage hub is designed for :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Overthehill
I can Clalfiy 100% that the Mini 3 batteries will discharge in the hub :+1:

1 Like

Oh! So it’s OK to push them in all the way for storage. That follows since my information must have been gleaned from an old Mini 2 source.

If I don’t use the drone for several weeks what sort of percentage should I expect to have and is it ok to fly, making allowances for reduced flight time.

1 Like

They will be about 60 to 70%

Personally, i charge mine up before a flight, always best to start with a full battery :+1:

2 Likes

How do I look after the battery in the RC controller? If it is fully charged it doesn’t appear to go into storage mode. It appears to remain fully charged even after a relatively long period after using it.