DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware updates

A thread to discuss firmware updates for the DJI Mini 3 Pro.

Tagging @group-mini-3-pro

4 Likes

Date: 2022.05.17

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0100

DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0117

DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100

Whatā€™s New?

• Added True Vertical Shooting.
  • Added FocusTrack.
  • Added APAS 4.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems).
  • Added Hyperlapse.
  • Added MasterShots.
  • Added QuickShots.
  • Added QuickTransfer.
  • Added Panorama.
  • Added 4K/48fps, 4K/50fps, and 4K/60fps.
  • Added 1080p/120fps to Slow Motion.
  • Greatly improved image quality.
  • Optimized flight stability.

Notes:

• The DJI RC-N1 remote controller can also be used with DJI Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, DJI Air 2S and DJI Mavic 3 (requires DJI Fly v1.6.1 or later)

4 Likes

Date: 2022.06.16

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0150

DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0117

DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0300

Whatā€™s New?

• Added support for Japanese RID requirements (requires DJI Fly v1.6.6 or later).
  • Optimized QuickTransfer to work in a low-power state, prolonged the usage time for QuickTransfer.

Notes:

• If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2 Likes

Is anybody else getting an error when trying to update their f/w? Currently on 01.00.0200, when I hit ā€˜check for updatesā€™ I get a pop up ā€œServer error. Wait a moment and try again (Code:-4)ā€. Been doing it all day.

Yep, two days later and still doing it. sigh

1 Like

Have you tried plugging it into your pc or apple pc, you can download the DJI desktop app for free and update it that way

giphy

Canā€™t get the login box up on support.dji.com either. Tried multiple browsers.

Anybody else?

Fetching a cable right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kicking myself, because I have it and use itā€¦ just didnā€™t think of doing it for this one. Good prompt, thanks :slight_smile: (well, assuming it works :wink: )

2 Likes

Hooray! Thanks, Mark :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No probs, thatā€™s why weā€™re all here

2 Likes

Little update:

Got nowhere trying to log this with DJI, who said they would need a screenshot of the error before they could help. (little challenge, try clicking the ā€˜check for updatesā€™ button and then, within the 5 seconds it takes the error to pop up and close, open the system menu and take a screenshot). Was about to give up and take a photo of the screen with my phone when I realised Iā€™d made the same mistake with my RC. Plug it in to the computer!

It wasnā€™t prompting for a firmware update, and I cannot find an option to check the RC firmware (any hints?), but right enough, new version:

Have done the update and itā€™s now allowing me to check for aircraft f/w updates just fine.

Still donā€™t see how to check for RC updates though.

Edit: The RC firmware update is under ā€˜Profile / Settings / Firmware Updateā€™ā€¦ because of course it makes sense to put the RC firmware under your account profile for DJI. :person_shrugging:

Anyone seeing any issues with the latest aircraft firmware update? Canā€™t remember what it is sorry

What sort of issues @alexmciver ?

Just any really

If youā€™ve got 11 minutes to kill.

2 Likes

I think @firstadekit answered your question and Iā€™ve watch the long 11 mins :grin: and basically donā€™t update.

Japanese remote id: not needed atm

low power mode shutoff to keep it from getting to hot: well mine definitely not need it as a wee umbrella be a good idea for the drone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Turns off WiFi and Bluetooth when takeoff: I myself would find this annoying as I sometimes hotspot so have to turn on again and connect before flying :roll_eyes:

Rest is Rick moaning about screenshot resolution usb ports and bla bla bla :crazy_face:

1 Like

Iā€™d argue the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth being off on the RC is good practise and potentially helps with range issues. Why introduce extra inference from your pocket when itā€™s not necessary. Cache the map beforehand if you really really need the maps.

Iā€™m not!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is personal preference, I always check here for all my birds firmware gossip and on the WWW first.

my checklist is long enough already before I start :crazy_face: at my age I even have to add my carā€™s location on the checklist :person_with_white_cane::exploding_head::roll_eyes: