DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware updates

Haha :joy:

Yay :smiley:

1 Like

@Kellybob have you seen in the update that has just been released that they have made signal improvements? Yay I am yet to test it out though

1 Like

Knowing DJi it’ll no doubt look like this :fu:

They claim to have fixed the vignetting on the raw photos - I was seeing it on lightroom. It should have been an easy fix for them, so fingers crossed!

You can now buy the RC standalone, doesn’t seem the right thread to dump this in (but meh), as odds are most people that have a Mavic 3 already as well as a Mini 3, probably already went for the RC version

Also claim to have reduced the minimum interval on hyperlapse to 2s but it’s still 3s. Got the USB mode, so it’s definitely installed. Hmmm… :thinking:

Have you updated the app/RC as well?

Yup

So have they?

Date: 2022.06.30

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0200

DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0221

DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0000

What’s New?

• Added support for FocusTrack, QuickShots (Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, and Boomerang), and Panorama in portrait mode.
  • Added a two-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse after takeoff.
  • Added support for continuous auto focus (AF-C) during video recording.
  • Added USB mode. When the aircraft is connected to a computer and USB mode is enabled, the aircraft disables image transmission to extend the time for copying footage.

What’s Updated?

• Increased the camera speed when taking photos.
  • Increased the stability of videos when using Hyperlapse.
  • Increased the dynamic range for Hyperlapse.
  • Optimized image quality of recordings at night in D-Cinelike.
  • Optimized the anti-interference ability and the transmission distance of the image transmission system.
  • Optimized the correctness of the battery level indicators on the DJI RC-N1 remote controller.

What’s Fixed?

• Fixed issue: the videos recorded in some scenarios in D-Cinelike flickered.
  • Optimized the vignetting effect in DNG photos.

Notes:

• Added features require DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later.
  • If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Looks like DJI have changed the format of their release notes slightly with a new “What’s Updated?” section and they’ve renamed bug fixes to “What’s Fixed?”

Also worth noting, the above Mini 3 Pro firmware update also includes updates for both the RCs.

Cool! :+1:

1 Like

When you press the C2 button when flying the M3 the landing assist lights comes on :slight_smile:

Is it not programmable :man_shrugging:t2:

No luck in the other thread, it is possible that a future update will add tracking in portrait?

Heh. I see that v01.00.0201 is out today. Guess they missed a bit :wink:

1 Like

According to Nobby Green on YT he reckons the signal issues have been fixed with the latest firmware updates, his video is clearly showing that he has doubled his distance before drop off, I will have to wait for the weather to pickup before testing it myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LNyj8hjLn0

I am just saying what happened when I pressed the C2 button on the RC controller

I wonder what the firmware update for the batteries was for?