DJI Mini 3 Pro - Precision Landing?

Only really hurts the first time it goes wrong, once bitten and all that

1 Like

I had it happen to me last week before the recent update. Just managed to restart the controller in time to stop a landing in the grass!

@anon57276961 Can you share the Airdata from that flight

1 Like

No idea how.

Get a free Airdata account , sync your flight data and share the flight,

It’s an invaluable tool, lots of threads here about it

1 Like

I’ll look into that… thanks :slight_smile:

Not so easy with a Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller it seems. I’ll continue to look because it does look useful :slight_smile:

@speatuk didn’t you get Airdata transfer working on yours

1 Like

OK… got Airdata to work with my RC controller. Dead easy… just log in to Airdata with my DJI account details.

As far as I can see, all my flights are there but I cannot identify which flights I had the controller freeze on me just from the data so I can’t find any flight where it froze. I had it freeze several times but can’t remember exactly on which flights it happened and as I have been flying at least 3 batteries each time I fly with me practicing for my GVC test I won’t be able to tell. I also use RTH a lot as it is an easy way to get the drone back so I can’t even tell from that.

Sorry.

I like Airdata though :slight_smile:

Airdate is a great program and a very valuable asset

I suspect the app crashed and you lost the video link but the controller was still connected (you can fly a DJI drone with no screen just the controller)

You still had control of the drone but probably panicked and hit return to home, in the meantime restarted the controller, because it’s the RC controller that restarted the app and you regained the screen

1 Like

Learn to manually fly home and land. It really is the best way to do it. Especially if you have the RTH set incorrectly because it got nudged by mistake or reset.

I rarely use RTH now (did when I was starting out - mainly thanks to losing the drone in the sky)

Hi

Back to precision landing

I have been back and forth with DJI and they are insisting the Mini 3 Pro DOES HAVE Precision Landing enabled and it was enabled at Day 1 of the Product Launch

I like most people who have the drone do not think this is the case

Please could you confirm your findings on this

Thanks

I do not like hand catching and so use tarmac, concrete or a mat on grass.

I have been able to land on the mat with no major issues apart from my skills or lack of them.

I’ve only done a few flights, but the two occasions I’ve used RTH the mini 3 has landed within 3 or4 inches of the take off point. But I prefer to hand catch it now.

Did a presision landing on Friday with Mavic 3 was well impressed at the last minute when it corrected backed up & plopped itself exactly where it took off from I was dumbfounded at its accuracy :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Works well until the once (or in my case with the Mini 3 now, twice) it disconnects for no reason, eventually RTHs but refuses to reconnect with the controller at all until powered off.
Then the lack of precision landing can be an issue depending on whats within about 5m of your takeoff point.

Mini 3 does not have precision landing as confirmed on the DJI forum.

It uses entirely GPS to get back so the landing is going to vary depending on the quality and current accuracy of that system.

The drones with precision memorise the ground layout from various heights on the way up and align with that coming back.

Mavic 2 didn’t have precision landing until people complained then it got it back via firmware.

Ive almost lost my mini 3 twice now due to the lack of it where the controller disconnected and refused to reconnect (100m away) meaning it executed an RTH and landed with me having no input at all to where it was going. The first time it was on the shore of a lake and i caught it about 40cm from the water. Second time similar and barely missed a river. Both times landing was 2-3m out which is expected from GPS.

Im sure I mentioned not Mini 3 but Mavic 3 I’ve seen it in action & have video evidence of its accuracy !

Mavic 3 does indeed have it (and you get the "correcting… prompts on the screen).

This thread is about the DJI Mini 3 Pro :see_no_evil: