DJI mini 3 pro prop guards

No, but the propeller guards should, the notes say that if they don’t then you can activate it.

Let’s ask @thewhoosh he has a set

1 Like

From the DJI website about propeller guards:

" If used with DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery, and the Payload mode is enabled, the maximum service ceiling above sea level is 1,500 m. If used with DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, the propeller guards are not recommended to be used, because the propulsion performance may be affected by the increased takeoff weight."

You got that link?

It is in the FAQ, I don’t know how to link to a specific answer but here is a screenshot.

I moved some of the Prop guard discussions over here as this is the correct thread

1 Like

I have tested the prop guards with prop guards, plus battery and wide DJI wide angle lens fitted
No issues flying.
I tested the prop guards with obstacle avoidance off and bumped it into a wall at 3’ height the drone tips up and crashed to the carpet.
Sideways bump no issue
Reverse bump no issue.
For me the prop guards are for an indoor project and not outdoor flying for a bit of peace of mind in a tight space inspection .
I would say any prop guards will do the same bumping anything hard going forward. Other directions no issue.

2 Likes

Interestingly DJI is not at this moment selling the prop guards in the UK :scream:

Also, I have found some more information regarding the payload mode

1 Like

I tried it with plus battery and prop guards and got not notification that payload mode had been activated and when I check advanced safety settings there is no option to turn this on or off on the RC maybe that changed in the last update.

2 Likes

Just try the prop guards, but it may be that yours are not the original ones and are different weight, 23 g compared to 84g and that is causing it not to register them :man_shrugging:

1 Like