DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

I did 661m last night great connection there were some trees but not many. Then came back and went 100m the other way behind some trees and had problems.

Interesting :thinking: Maybe its the firmware or an RC issue? Many reported problems with the mini 2 after it was allegedly affected by its last firmware update. Time will tell I guess and judging by the euphoria over its launch there will be plenty examples both good and bad. :+1:t2:

I heard that the European signal had been reduced because of the war in the Ukraine, how true that is I have no idea, but it wouldn’t surprise me knowing the tricks DJI get up to

Does the new RC have ‘antennas’ that pull up like the proper pro remote, it was something of concern for me from the design aspect stragiht away when looking at pictures of it, but assumed they had done some other clever design to not need it.

No mate, no antennas, sadly. :confused:

At the frequencies being used, and the transmission method, there’s very little to be gained from using externally mounted antennas. It’s much easier to etch the antenna into the circuit board and still retain similar performance. Even traditional RC systems are moving over to this method of antenna placement.

5 Likes

Just had notification that Heliguy in Newcastle have the Mini 3 Pro back in stock

1 Like

Must have only had a handful or less.

Just got an email apologising as they sold out in 10 minutes

“I have one dude, thanks anyway”

:+1:t2:

1 Like

If they’d done that they would have done the same for OS2 but I think Mini 2 is still getting good range. I will test both when I get my Mini 3.

Well, that was a squeaky-bum moment…

29m altitude, 6.8m distance, direct line of sight with the RC pointing vaguely at the drone, as instructed.

On the plus side, can confirm that RTH on signal-loss works a treat.

5 Likes

Would be interesting to see the Airdata

1 Like

Wouldn’t it, though? Guess which flight this was… :frowning:

Can you not manually upload the flight logs

Have tried several times, no errors but never arrives in the logs. It does say .DAT is in beta though

1 Like

My logs are going through fine.

On another note, on my flight today i managed to maintain VLOS to 512m. But could i find it again once i looked up from the screen when it was 100m away no chance.:rofl::rofl:

Finally, it’s arrived.

13 Likes

Is that the first fly more we’ve seen ?

1 Like

We want to see the Fly more Plus, come on who’s gonna be first :grinning:

1 Like

A bag, two batteries, charging block, some props and a wire for £159

3 Likes