DJI Mini 3 Sphere photo extraction

Does anyone have a quick solution to extracting Sphere photographs please? I am using a DJI Mini 3 with the DJI RC. I can view them on the RC but cannot download them. On the Micro SD card from the Mini 3 it stores an HTML file which lists all of the individual RAW images and it also stores 35 RAW images but not the stitched final version. I would like to view them on my PC. Thank you

Have a look here.

1 Like

Thank you. I will give that process a try.

Looks like Autogiga Pano is no longer available?

https://download.kolor.com/apg/stable/x64?src=apg/4.4.1.400

Then, you need to enter the following registration details:
User : freecopy@kolor.com
Registration code : KAPG7-K3A9X-IZJHX-FIIT7-C5IM8-MQF2N

1 Like

Or if OSX is your flavour, PM me and I’ll send you a copy ;o)

3 Likes

Perfect, thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you again for your help

A couple of issues with the sky but looks quite good.

2 Likes

PT Gui works well with the DNG files. The problem I have found is that the pano file is too big for Kuula. Panoee seems to have no limit on file size.
The stitched pano JPG from the drone is in the DCIM, 100Media folder.

Resizing to Kula’s 16,384 x 8,192 is pretty damned easy … and unless you have an 8k screen, there’ll still be more pixels than you’ll need.

Just a couple more tips, if you share using the embed html code (instead of just the URL) you get a lovely ‘onebox’ preview of your work for us all to see

Finally upload your photos to Kuula as a single image so you don’t get the single thumbnail in the middle of the preview (you can also change =thumbs to 0 in the embed code to do the same)

Much prettier I think you’ll agree ;o)

3 Likes

Yes that is much better thanks.

1 Like

Agreed, easy enough but sometimes it seems to lose the flat horizon and ends up curved. I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

Once you have your full res 2:1 image, just resize the pixel dimensions in PS … or one of many other programs, that are available, that can simply resize an image … and nothing other than the resolution changes.
As long as you use one in which you have control of the level of compression, and keep that at a minimum, you’ll be fine.
It’s what I’ve been doing for 5 years or so.

Edit: When I say resizing, I’m only meaning pixel x pixel dimension, not resizing by file size (MB).

OK thanks for the info. I have usually used Irfanview to resize so I’ll try another program and see what what happens.

If the image you start with is 2:1 in pixel ratio, and you resize to 16,384 x 8,192 for Kula, anything should be fine using pretty much any program.
Just avoid those that don’t allow you to specify minimum compression. :+1:

Can’t get this to run on my fully updated Windows 11 set up. Even trying various compatability modes didn’t resolve the issue.

Anyone else have problems?

Which bit is not running? I too am using Windows 11 and have got this working so might be able to help.

Yes it won’t run on my windows 11 PC either, installs fine then when running does nothing. Even tried compatibility mode.

1 Like

Yeah it don’t run on mine either :scream: