DJI Mini 4 Pro Controller not booting up

went out to fly today and Remote just Says Device is Starting with a Circle Rotating and does nothing else, Any ideas what could be Wrong.

Hi @HonestCheat it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

There was an update of the controller software or maybe the fly app (or maybe both!!) recently…. I’d suggest booting it up somewhere where it has access to the internet (at home) to see if it’s maybe looking for the update, or maybe it’s in the process of doing the update?

Thanks for Replying BudgieUK. Went to Store today, they gave me a Replacement Flymore kit.

1 Like

How on earth is a “replacement flymore kit “ going to sort out a faulty controller ?

I guess it’s a complete flymore combo … drone, controller, batteries etc?

Yes it’s a complete flymore combo … drone, controller, batteries etc. Currys Store had a look and said will replace with new.

Ahh, I thought it was the separate FlyMore pack available :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh no, New DJI Mini 4 Pro, done Firmware Update tonight, RC2 Controller Screen Stuck on Start Up Screen again, Time for a Refund i think.Giving up on Drones

I’d contact DJI first, there might be a simple solution :wink:

Did the update go ok and finish properly or did you power off before it finished?

Use DJI Assistant 2 to reflash the firmware

1 Like

Download DJI Assistant 2 done everything they said, screen still saying Device is Starting.

What version of firmware did you refresh it with?

DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)

That’s the software you use to flash the firmware

What version of firmware did you flash it with :thinking:

I had a that problem last week after the update. I had to send it back to Jessops and they sent me a new one. It was a faulty controller.

Hi @Creboz, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Had you successfully installed any updates prior to the last one that killed it?

I have decided to not to update it at all this time, but the last time I updated it once with no problems and then died with the last version, I don’t want to end up having the same problem. I will wait a bit longer until the next version.

1 Like

Understandable, looks like you’re not alone with this issue either :exploding_head:

1 Like

Sparkyws, new to all this, where do you get the firmware to flash as dji offical gave link and i just followed directions from there