DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Updates Wiping Settings

This is a strange and annoying one. I’ve had a Mini 3 Pro and have a Mavic 3. Whenever I run firmware updates on these drones via the RC controller UI, my settings such as picture RAW+JPEG, 16x9 vs 4:3 pictures, HLG video etc etc are kept in their modified state after a firmware update.

I bought a new Mini 4 Pro on day one and replaced my Mini 3 Pro with it and all is fine except whenever I run a firmware update on the drone, all of those settings I mentioned above are reset to their factory defaults. I need to then go into each shooting mode and re-set all of them (which is particularly annoying when some of them can only be done in flight where I’m wasting time resetting things instead of shooting). This has happened with every single Mini 4 Pro firmware update that I’ve applied.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their Mini 4 Pro?

1 Like

This has happened to me on just about every DJI drone with each firmware update. I don’t update often anymore, and don’t have a Mini 4 Pro, but I am guessing it is the same annoying behaviour.

I am aware of the need to check my settings prior to flight (although I don’t always do this :roll_eyes:) and always check my preferences after an upgrade but as yet, and as far as I can recall (which isn’t all that brill nowadays :face_with_spiral_eyes:), they have remained the same. This has been the case for my mini 2, mini 3 Pro and now my mini 4 Pro.

No idea, why mine should be different? Never used a third party site, or have gone to DJI direct for an update. I usually wait for the prompt to update on the controller (RC, N-1 and RC2), watch a few YTers do their’s first, and if they say it’s safe and I want the new feature that the update brings, I just follow the prompt(s).