DJI Mini 4 Pro home point changing during flight

Hi All,

Really need advice as not sure if my Mini 4 Pro has a fault.

On two occasions when flying the drone updates home point as it should before take off and says home point updated just after leaving the ground. I then head off to fly and on last flight got out to about 300 to 500 meters away and all of a sudden I heard the voice command say “Home Point Updated”
Well, panic set in because if anything happened like low battery it would not return to me but land at the point it updated home point to so had to compose myself, turn on auxillary light to focus back on drone and use map to bring back. When it first happened other week I txt my YouTube buddy Ian in London and he said he was not sure why it happened as never happened to him.

I thought it was a one off possibly after an update, but it did same today for some reason and does it on its own without even going manually into settings to change home point.

Has anyone else had this issue or is there a tab on main flight screen that I may have hit by mistake while in flight.

REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS AS IT IS PUTTING ME OFF FLYING AGAIN INCASE I LOSE DRONE.

Do you have the RC 2 (with the screen)?
I can’t remember specifically, but can you program one of the buttons on the back (C1 and C2) to ‘Reset home Point?
If so, it’s easy to press those buttons!

possibly could be DC from the handset but more likely it’s just something you need to learn, hope this helps

1 Like

Shouting helps

Any Airdata to share ?

2 Likes

You sure you’ve not hit something on the screen by mistake ? Or as Budgie says, possibly programmed on of the buttons on the back of the remote ( or possibly it’s already programmed into it to update the home point )?

Yep, RC2 remote buddy, but never set any buttons on it to change home point and left as standard. I will take another little flight to see and will just click on things at back while drone is in real clear view. Its a mystery as never had same situation with my Mini 3 Pro.

Not sure how to share Air Data… Like I say, Im a silly newbie pilot even though had quite a few flights with dji Mini 2, Mini 3 Pro and only had issue with 4 pro.

What does DC mean from handset buddy…???

You might need some of this then…£5m will have you covered

I think it’s public liability insurance and doesn’t cover lost drones—unless I’ve misread.

1 Like

That’s correct but my point was more about the worry of losing his drone,
I’d be more worried about where it might end up and what havoc it caused as that could be a lot more costly :moneybag:

3 Likes

I have never thought about insurance as thought insurance was just for commercial use of drone. Just looked at the link and says for £25 I get 5m insurance. If I sign up and pay, do I get a policy sheet to download and save?

1 Like

I think it’s good peace of mind for not a lot of money.
If you are flying recreationally and (for instance damage someone’s car), this insurance will cover the claim from the car owner. It will not cover the damage to the drone of course!

1 Like

Yes of course you do

Should I do it now my friend and buy the insurance?

Its your choice Rich

Shall I purchase insurance now?

If you want to

I have just purchased the insurance has it gone okay as computer will not let me see correctly?

1 Like

Yes if you view your profile you are now an insured member :+1:

Download your certificate Here

1 Like