DJI Mini 4 Pro ViFly Beacon Placement

Hi I need help with the placement of a ViFly Beacon on my DJI Mini 4 Pro.
I haven’t flown it yet due to poor weather conditions but I have stuck the vifly at the top front in between the forward motion sensors using double sided tape.

I’m wondering if this will affect the obsticle avoidance or transmission?

I also have some glass bead high visibility tape.
Are there any areas on the Mini 4 to avoid blocking the antennas/GPS ?

I never managed to recover my Avata when I lost signal and forgot to switch on the vifly and would not fly without one.

Thanks

Thanks for all your kind help dudes

Hi Andrew I’m unsure myself about vifly where it’s mounted as I would place it on the rear arm near props as it’s away from sensors, it can be seen from below more clearly then above, also I would say it would activate most likely better then being on top as prop arms are likely take a sudden jolt when I say top of drones in my experience take little damage. Have you tested camera vision when it’s flashing at night that’s it’s not interfering with quality of footage?

If you are worried about losing the drone and you don’t trust the DJI find my drone or flight logs and obviously not bothered about pushing it over the 249g then maybe think about a mini GPS tracker where you track location by text or found they can press SOS and it will call your mobile and allow conversation or text location.

Thanks Ziceman
I have found that it worked well on top when I crashed my Avata and alwas triggered. It has a gyro that detects movement and while your quad is moving it will be quiet, but once you crash and it detects no movement for 30s it will begin to beep and flash the light. Unfortunately I forgot to switch it on the last time I flew and lost my drone forever in a tall tree during RTH. I’m not bothered about the weight as I fly in areas away from people. I don’t usually fly at night.

The Dji find my drone wasn’t much help when the tiny grey Avata is hidden in dense foliage about 60 foot up. I also took my red buffers and airtag/battery strap off because the weight was lowering my battery life, which was another mistake as this would have helped in finding it. Even using my friends drone I could not find it. The replacement Avata is still sealed in the box as I don’t trst it’s signal strength. That’s why I have bought the Mini 4 with it’s updated transmission and intellegent obstical ovoidance during RTH.
I have spent a lot of time looking for a gps tracker but they all look too big.

1 Like

your very knowledgeable on the pros of cons of flying,

I see no problems after you explained how it responds, only issue i can see that the beacon might interfere with sensors and camera that why you see prop clips to position as far away from the sensors and camera. But if you don’t notice any interference then great.

I had

This was about 7 years ago and to me at the time it fitted perfectly, I would think these devices moved on since and be much smaller GPS trackers in today’s market.

I agree with you on DJI find my drone as when I lost a drone it gave last location I took 3 different devices to track it but no luck .