Dji MM2 filters?

Just increase your shutter speed.

4 Likes

:+1: … = less noise! :+1:

3 Likes

I always aim for 100iso for best image quality.

3 Likes

I’ve heard you say before John that you never use filters, and the shots you produce are incredible. I’ve just never played with the settings to the extent you have.

Time to have some fun. :smirk:

2 Likes

You can “play with settings” whilst it’s in the air - between shots. Filters need a return to base a load of fiddly-fuck.

3 Likes

It makes tons of difference. Obviously halving the shutter speed lets in half as much light. Halving the ISO lets in half as much light. f4 is only four stops away from f11 so very easy to counter that.

3 Likes

Well I’ve learnt something today… can anyone point me in the direction of the sun? :thinking::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I always like to be in total control of the iso/shutter speed/aperture Steve, so that the camera does what I want it to do. Even when I’m photographing weddings I work exactly the same way, it’s the only way to maintain consistent image quality through hundreds of shots on the day.

3 Likes

Totally agree :+1:

3 Likes

Re mini2 : Definitely a fixed aperture but yes adjustable shutter. :+1: not really played much with it to be honest. I’ve just left it on auto when I’ve flown it.

Looking forward to having a play now… I’ve religiously use ND’s for most of my shots.

2 Likes

Auto is not your friend, I’d ditch that along with the ND filters. Think about the scene you are trying to capture, how bright is it between the shadow areas and the highlights. On a bright sunny day it may be you want to be thinking HDR. The winter scene I posted above is made up of 9 separate exposures, all at 100iso and at f7.1. All I did was adjust the shutter speed 9 times going from exposing for the sun to exposing for the shadows in the snow in the foreground. I then merged the separate shots in LR.

4 Likes

Yeah HDR and RAW gets necessary quickly.

3 Likes

Thanks John. All taken on board mate and looking forward to trying.

I shot an AEB a few days ago and I have to say I wasn’t happy with the outcome.
It took 5 shots so quickly I’m not sure if it even changed any settings lol :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Time for some manual stuff.

2 Likes

:+1: Forget the AEB Steve and do it yourself, you can take your 5 separate photos by changing your shutter speed, keeping your iso the same.

4 Likes

Mavic Air 1 - fixed aperture & focus, no ND. Took ages to find that in my pics!

5 Likes

This is what I meant about faking AEB. You can get a much bigger spread too

3 Likes

Thanks guys, and @Kacey sorry for hijacking your thread. :relieved::+1: hopefully you’ve managed to get your answer from this too :+1:

4 Likes

Hey, I appreciate the info , every little helps… Thank you @McSteamy2010 and everyone else… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This.

Anyone who says they cannot work without adjustable aperture does not (in my humble opinion) understand photography.

Look at the some of the stuff that people are shooting on GoPros/Phones etc even the majority of drone photos (pre M2P) are shot at fixed 2.8.

Watch this, or flick to the end to see the results.

3 Likes

My 500mm mirror lens (30 year old Minolta SLR) is fixed f/8. Never been an issue.

1 Like