DJI Mobile SDK - Litchi Beta Support

Sorry I did a little waypoint mission around the roof of my house and performed the mission back to back with the M2 and then the A2s both performed flawlessly.

I then followed a car down the road tracking and yet again flawlessly with both drones I see no bugs in this app, as yet but I will be testing and if I find anything I will post here after I send the logs to litchi.

A massive upgrade in my opinion. Opens a whole new world of possibilities for these 2 drones

5 Likes

Is that the Dronehacks Fcc?

DJI drones always boot to FCC power levels by default then instantly drop down the moment GPS spots you’re in the UK :slight_smile:

Steve, just confirm GPS was locked on when you measured mate?

1 Like

Yes sats locked

Yes donehacks

1 Like

Just downloaded the beta and had a quick flight with my Mini 2 indoors as its persisting it down :scream:

A few questions!

1. It doesn’t seem to store any image/video files on the device like the fly app?
  2. What is the situation with FRZ and Altitude limits?
  3. How will the Dronkhacks No-Fly-Zones and Altitude limits works as I see no options in the menu?

:man_dancing:t2:

Litchi doesn’t have any flight restrictions so you’re only governed by what’s in your drone firmware. Wayne @Sparkyws check out the main Lithci thread for more info: Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

2 Likes

It is only beta. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know Litchi - their betas are 10x more stable than any final release of DJI Fly :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks, Rich, will have a read, lots to learn :wink:

The Litchi website is very slow, looks like a big payday for them with the Mini 2

I would have thought the majority are already Litchi/existing drone owners

2 Likes

Maybe but don’t forget loads bought the Mini 2 as their first drone because of the price and fewer restrictions

They, like me, are the ones now looking at Litchi

2 Likes

Beta won’t load on my S21 Ultra, it loads then goes straight back to the mainscreen, even restarted but doing the same
It loads fine on my Tripltek 8" which is what it will be used with anyway

1 Like

I still think that many more bought the M2 as a second, third or even more drone and will be well aware of its capabilities.

Personally been using it since my Phantom 3 days.

Its the perfect replacement for the GO/FLY with the blaring omission of not being able to view the gallery (lets hope that has been looked, but I’m not holding my breath on that)

1 Like

Only managed a short flight today, thought I had the afternoon off but was then told by swmbo that I had to take kids into town to spend their Christmas pennies while she went for cocktails with her friends :frowning:
Then the weather turned to shit within ten minutes of dropping them off. Glad to say it seems to work perfectly fine on my huawei tablet and mini2. Almost wish I hadn’t bought the dronetweaks fcc software now as it appears to be redundant when using litchi. But to be fair, the follow me and waypoints make up for that. If I’m flying when I need to use fcc I’ll just have to swap to the modded dji app from dronetweaks. Bit of a compromise but can’t have it all I guess?
The guys at litchi are seemingly having a look into adding fcc to the app so may just have to wait a while.

@yorkie9668
Was on their google play store earlier and they are saying their will be an update to sort that bug shortly

1 Like

Where did you hear that Darren mate?

I’ve never know Litchi to offer mods? :thinking:

2 Likes

Anyone tried using the new beta on their Mini 2 to take a 360° pano?

1 Like

I’m sure @speatuk will throw it up the kitchen for us :wink:

Was on their Facebook page. Few people looking for it to be added so they said they are looking into it. Will try and find a link

1 Like