DJI Osmo Pocket 1 mega thread

£29 for 1st replacement and £39 for 2nd. Not bad I suppose as something that small and delicate is just asking to be dropped etc!

2 Likes

Dear customer,

DJI Care Refresh is now available for Osmo Pocket in Europe. No matter when you activate Osmo Pocket, you can join DJI Care Refresh before June 30, 2019. After this date, you can only join according to the rules on our official website.

DJI Care Refresh provides two replacement units for a small additional charge in one year and covers various accidents such as water damage and collisions, giving you peace of mind.

what the dif between this and shield

1 Like

Yeah, got the “Care Refresh” Bit Colin, but it’s terms does not cover half and quarter of the Shield Cover !

1 Like

to be honest i think its not a bad deal I sent mine back coz I scratched the lens my fault and they fixed it free of charge so that will pay for my care

1 Like

Fair do’s, was that under warranty or refresh?

neither just requested a repair was willing to pay

1 Like

Nice one @Sweetbaboo99 :+1:t2:

Just purchased now :blush:

2 Likes

No problem. I just need to get some real use out of mine now. It feels so much better since the latest firmware update. I have the mic adapter and being able to adjust the dB level in pro mode is something I am keen to try out ‘in the field’. The small amount of footage I have taken in 4K has come out quite well and I have invested in some Freewell filters, the expansion kit, Polar Pro tripod mount which still allows the use of the controller wheel. Hoping to get plenty of footage on the holibobs with the wife and dogs.

2 Likes

And on that subject…

I posted this a couple of weeks ago:

I downloaded an updated Mimo app today and sure enough :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ok I have just printed this it’s the 4th axis gimble for when your walking
Just need a spring and some nuts and bolts

2 Likes

Looks like you’ve got the hang of that 3D printing Jeff !!.

Sorry Guys !,
but the “Apple” store just happened to have this come into stock today.
I heard it calling me !!!.
please buy me !

3 Likes

Essential kit for Osmo pocket spec the WiFi base

1 Like

Bought the same Smatree case Rich !.
So far, very impressed from such a tiny thing !

well from a whim buy I have now ended up with a big bag of go pro mounts a WiFi for the pocket along with all the DJI accessories extension stick ,underwater case ,charging case, filters. Gona need a new room soon just for dji stuff

1 Like

Anyone have any external microphone recommendations?

The built in dual-location mics are pretty amazing to be honest, but the one thing that lets them down is wind noise.

I was thinking of investing in something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QVD95JW/

Anyone use anything equally as compact? I don’t want trailing wires.

I was also wondering if this combination would work too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iNassen-USB-C-to-3-5-mm-Headphone-Jack-Adapter-for-Huawei-USB-Type-C-to-3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Earphone/dp/B085KWWRWV/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

And

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BYZLQN4/?coliid=I16YO4ECYYYZDH&colid=2CT5I6HVJ21DA&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

As they’re a damned sight cheaper than the official DJI mic adaptor which is £35 quid on its own, not including the mic :scream:

Turns out that no, no it doesn’t :roll_eyes:

I’m pretty sure it’s due to the USB C <> 3.5mm adaptor being some kinda generic smartphone/headphone adaptor. The Osmo Pocket makes no attempt at recognising any external mic at all.

I’ve just ordered the official DJI adaptor :pensive:

Will report back in a few days when it arrives.

Ikopta put this video on YouTube this week, looks good for the price

I’m guessing the Action adaptor would work on the Pocket?

They’re both USB-C to 3.5mm, right?

I’ll see what happens when this DJI one arrives.

Confirmed, that cheap USB C <> 3.5mm adapter does not work with the Osmo Pocket.

As soon as I plug the official DJI one in a message pops up on screen saying “Audio Adaptor Connected”. Then when I plug any microphone in a little mic icon appears on the screen with a volume level meter next to it :+1:t2:

You can also manual adjust the mic gain too, in one dB steps right up to 20dB gain.

Will experiment with the two different mics now and see how the DJI one fairs to the Saramonic one.