DJI (Osmo) Pocket 2 mega thread

It’s not something I need or particularly want … so it’s difficult for me to judge how good the price / value-for-money is.

Does more than the old one for only £40 more.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

If I’d won Euromillions I’d get it.
I mean … why not? :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

For someone that doesn’t really need the improved spec, there could be some really good deals to be had on the original one … over the coming weeks.

1 Like

Definitely, thinking of trading my OM3 :grimacing:

As good as the OM3 is its big! Would be nice to have the pocket.

1 Like
2 Likes

Great video and side by side comparison with the v1 from FlytPath here too:

1 Like

I think the technical term is a “Dead Kitten”.

McKinnons take on it

3 Likes

:rofl: “looks like i have a hamsters nestled on my neck”

Does look pretty decent :ok_hand:

Pocket 2 now available at Amazon with delivery on Saturday:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Pocket-Stabilizer-high-resolution-Reduction/dp/B08KRZ94W2

No DJI combo2 kits available as yet.

1 Like

Price dropping the the OG too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P6MMVBB/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_6.aMFbJN6HXA3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

I have the Mavic Air 2 and I have today purchased the DJI Pocket 2 and I’m hoping to use it to film the drone flights to add a different perspective… Anyone else used it and have any footage ???

1 Like

I have the DJI P1 and used it for hyper and motionlapse. But not to film the drone. Might do that this weekend tho with the FPV

1 Like

Moved your post to the Pocket 2 general discussion thread.

Other info, pics, time lapse to be found by searching for “Pocket 2”.

2 Likes

Be good to see some footage mate

White version is on the way!

It looks nice in white.

A quickly taken pic as my bus had just arrived and I had time for one picture taken with my black DJI Pocket 2. :grinning:

Saint Peter and Saint Paul - Tring

1 Like

(Admin: Posts moved. This post referred to The Black Death & the Lost Villages of Dorset)

Love these Chris and love the style.

I hope you don’t mind some constructive criticism. Especially as I don’t consider myself anywhere near a decent video or sound expert.

I appreciate the docu format is part of the charm including the in car segments. However the rumbling background noise from the car in motion is really annoying. It’s disappointing the DJI mic isn’t cutting it out better. Maybe you can do something with it in post to soften the background noise. I think I would have re recorded the map voice over bit at home so the background rumbling wasn’t there.

Wind I kind of accept and I think the DJI mic does a better job with that but for some reason the car stuff it doesn’t.

As an aside I mainly watch these in my huge TV that’s hooked up to decent sound system so it could just be my setup is escalating it more.

If it wasn’t one of your videos I’d have probably have turned it off within a minute because the sound was annoying me.

My OH teaches Geography and we’ve been using the drone to get aerial footage of things. The kids love it.

Still trying to convince her to appear on camera walking and talking as well, (was thinking of getting a pocket 2 also for this, but I must admit from Chris’ footage I’m a bit disappointed with the stabilisation, you can clearly see the bounce when walking, although can probably be fixed in post) but at the moment she’s happy just showing the footage in class and talking over in person.