DJI RC Controller (non-pro) - Side-Loading Apps

Hi there, newbie to the forum here! I hope I’m in the right place…apologies up front if not!

I want to side-load a couple of 3rd party apps on the DJI-RC with the screen…probably Litchi etc…ones that will allow me to effectively provide photogrammetry services with my DJI Mini 3 Pro. Did anyone get anywhere with doing this?

Many thanks,
Coops

The current version of litchi will not work with the mini 3

There is a beta version that you can test

But you can’t side load apps on the RC, well you can but you will need to speak Russian

1 Like

Spare set you say…I never got any bloody spare set and they are like shit in the feel department

Nearly lost one the other day when I fumbled taking one of them off. Damned things are a nuisance. I would be better off making a few sets of replacements. As said, I don’t ever go out without a spare set :rage:

@B0M0A0K
Well, if you make enough to sell then i’ll buy a set or two.

Sorry for late reply.

I managed to install using djircfcc.com hack. It’s an fcc hack that grants you install permissions if you have adb appcontrol who open while applying the patch.

Then, download Amazon appstore. Managed to get litchi installed but that’s it. It didn’t find the mini 3 pro as it’s not supported in that version of litchi.

Hell, I even managed to install plex for fun. It actually worked.

Also, the beta litchi app won’t install. Haven’t figured that out yet. But Amazon is installed via adb commands, forgot to say that before

Waypoints are available using the hyperlapse feature out of the box, which is fine for taking photos which the op wants to do. Granted, it’s not waypoints in the purest form. That said, I believe the Mini 3 will work with Litchi if using the N1 controller and not the RC.

1 Like

That’ll be why. I’ve never used hyper-lapse.

Yes, just seen that litchi allows use on the mini 3 but not on my controller sadly.
Shame when it’s something that can be found on loads of historic drones but not DJI mini sadly

I was hoping by now someone would have found a hack for the RC, so that we could side load apps such as Litchi :persevere:

Now that would be awesome.

Does seem odd that the more expensive and you would think more capable rc would support waypoints.

I wonder if the likes of Sincoder have been asked if they can do this. I’m sure the guys over in the Ukraine would benefit from such software.

Someone mentioned on here about sideloading with Sincoders hack

or

Edit: Found it

I missed this, thanks Wayne. £54 for the hack, quite a bit more than Sincoder’s, but then if it allows side loading it’s a no brainer :+1:

It’s the same hack, he is just using Sincoders and charging more as far as I know

You can try the Russian one

http://oscircle.com/

But you need to VPN it as it been blocked in the UK, oh and speak Russian (maybe ask the ex to help :running_man:)

I’ve tried connected via adb with Sincoders hack and it doesn’t work.

Pretty certain its the same hack and the other guy buys the licence from sincoder

Ask Sincoder

Oh you’ve made a rite mess of this thread :joy:

2 Likes

Sorted.

1 Like

1 Like

Now firmware above 01.03.0100 is supported :clap: