DJI rc pro with mavic 3 classic fcc hack

I’m hoping someone could kindly tell me if or what this actually means, call me stupid if you like but I just don’t understand if this means, a complete no go with the fcc hack for the rc pro with the mav 3 classic,

Just to not be confused, this is the controller with the antennas not the one with the screen that was released with the mini 3 pro, sorry too ask, thanks

Edit sorry, I don’t understand the depending on C1 thanks again

Thankyou for that,
I had a quick read, is the the C1 what people have been ranting about as the uk cannot fly that drone under that category at present, I’m sure that’s correct if not feel free to correct me, so does this mean when buying the drone & all set up & updated, your tied into their rules ? I see it said on a voluntary basis, but, when doing the updates does or would you actually have to be part of that C1 & those rules are applied, then in return to my first question I would not be able to apply the hack, or can I do the updates without being a part of the above, if that makes sense, thankyou

Go Back and have a proper read

1 Like

I just did, I’m going to read the second link again :+1:t2:

Ok, I’ve read all the above & watched the video, never really looked in to this as the said drone was never going to be on my list but maybe a change of plan as I’d like a new drone, so I for one am not interested in flying outside the uk, I just checked good 2 go on drone scene & under article 16 I can fly the said drone, I always fly pretty much in the back end of nowhere, for myself only I am not interested in flying in congested areas even if I could, so if I’m reading right I can get that drone & the rc pro, but don’t opt in for the C classification & then I can continue with my intentions as in the first post, if I’m correct in what I’m saying, I’m ok for doing the activation / which will have updates I’m sure but for me, I should click the Not now for the C1 classification.

1 Like

We love a guinea pig :+1:

So was my theory right @Sparkyws wayne :smiley:
I just checked DJI downloads & the last known FW update for that controller is

DJI RC Pro Release Notes
Release Date:
Remote Controller Firmware: DJI Fly App:
What’s New?
2022.12.09 v03.01.1200 v1.9.0
 Added offline maps. Go to Profile > Offline Maps to download maps of your planned flight destinations and have the maps displayed even when there is no network connection.
 Fixed some minor bugs.
Notes:
 This version contains important updates. It is recommended to update the remote controller.
 If the update fails, restart DJI RC Pro, and use DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to retry.

But as we know these are not always accurate or late in updating the site :thinking:

Call me stupid, until I read what I just did, I thought the classification was mandatory or forced rather but then again, I’ve never really took a proper look, as had no intention of a drone update soon, but as said a change of plan :+1:t2:

For info I have tried to get the C1 sticker while at my daughters in Barcelona. Everything went ok until the end when an error message came up"System error, please try again later". Tried about a dozen times but the same result. DJI have been very helpful and it will get sorted. We are going to Ireland soon and it appears that EASA have a transition period allowing M3 to fly in C1 this year. I also spoke to the DJI dealer in Dublin who says no M3s come with the C1 marking. It has to be done by the user in EUland.

2 Likes

This is where I got a bit confused with everything I’ve read & watched in the past 24 hours, I know the earlier mavic 3’s did not come with the C label, however I thought the classic came with the label, on watching videos & reading endlessly I’ve noticed, one well known YouTuber in the uk has no label when taking the drone out the box but, the other guy in the uk has got the label C class, so it’s quite confusing for myself anyway, I know the marking is useless in the uk right now but, as the classic was made with the intentions of what everyone hoped or was led to believe & as I know not a lot about that drone, myself did not know weather that came or ran a different software to the prior mav 3 line ups because of the whole thing around C class ….

I believe that DJI did start to put the sticker on all new M3s when they announced that it was C1 rated, hence why some UK buyers got it with a sticker. As soon as the CAA ballsed everything up by changing their minds yet again about staying with the EASA classiifications I think DJI stopped putting the stickers on. I know someone who was speaking to the head of DJI Europe who said DJI didn’t know what the hell the CAA were doing so I guess they are pretty pissed off with the situation as well.

1 Like

Thanks for that :+1:t2: