DJI Smart Controller - Firmware updates

i had it working on both alternatately the night before, would re connect to each but then had some funny update and any time i switched the smart controller on had to choose the drone and reconnect
and subsequently would find the old controller.

so have reset the smart and is now remembering drone just about to try reconnecting to old controller.

Word on the street says thereā€™s an update available now for the SC.

Itā€™s not showing on DJIā€™s site yet though so I canā€™t share any specific details yet.

Only a small / insignificant update though that ā€œimproves overall stabilityā€ and certainly no Mini 2 support added, so donā€™t get your hopes up :grimacing:

Will post the release notes when I can access them.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just updated mine, didnā€™t take long. I was hoping for Mini 2 support as Iā€™m hoping to buy one in the new year.

Overview:

• Date: 2020.12.28
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0860
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.36
  • DJI Pilot App: v1.8.0
  • DJI Fly Appļ¼š V1.2.2
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.14

Whatā€™s New?

• Improves overall stability.

Notes:

1 Like

Cheers John :+1:t2:

Still no release notes PDF on their site though. Weird eh? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It is Christmas?? :wink:

Just updated my SC to the latest FW v01.00.0860 took around 10-15 min to update fully, snowing too heavy here at the moment to test on my MP2, so will leave it for a better day to fly & evaluate fully, while I was checking the update I finally got around to testing the HDMI input to the SC, looked great on my monitor/TV, latency was very little.

And stillā€¦

Same for the Mini 2, no release notes updates on DJI site.

Someone forgotā€¦

edit upgraded the factory installed version of Go 4 to the latest version & it ( the app ) crashed first test flight ! bad advert for the controller indeed when a DJI piece of hardware has a DJI latest app designed for it crash but a 3rd party app runs better (Litchi), so uninstalled & re intsalled the pre built in factory version, but since then have only run the controller with Litchi & runs perfect, getting great range.

I contacted DJI support yesterday and they confirmed that the M2M is not yet supported

Yes I know that thanks mate :slight_smile:

My comment was around DJI not having updated the firmware release notes on any of their product pages since before Christmas :blush:

Another Smart Controller update ā€¦

Overview:

• Date: 2021.01.12
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0880
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.38
  • DJI Pilot App: v1.8.0
  • DJI Fly Appļ¼šv1.2.2
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.14

Whatā€™s New?

• Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.
  • Add local data mode.

Notes:

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Stranger and stranger - looks like theyā€™ve forgotten about updating their own download page :man_shrugging: :astonished:

1 Like

Another good reason for freezing my MP firmware at a version from way back in time. LOL!

1 Like

Does anyone know what ā€œAdd local data modeā€ actually means?

https://dronedj.com/2020/09/28/what-is-dji-local-data-mode-heres-how-it-keeps-drone-flights-secure/

1 Like

Aha! Thanks for that :+1:

1 Like

At loooonnng last, DJI have finally updated their Release Notes for this version:

1 Like

Only 9 days :clap: :clap: :clap:

DJI could really do with a good shake up on the support side :thinking:

2 Likes