Does Atti mode work on the latest DJI drones?

Following on from several attempts at speed runs by applying Atti mode using the Drone Hacks tool.

Good luck with that :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve selected the ā€˜Repair Serviceā€™ option, instead of using my Care Refresh ā€¦ because that will automatically charge me Ā£89. And this is their fault, not mine.

Mind you, filling out the form was fun. Trying to say ā€œthere is a fault with the droneā€, without saying ā€œthe Air 3 wonā€™t fly faster than 68.96 mphā€ was a challenge :rofl:

But theyā€™ll have access to the logs, then they will see what I posted earlier, i.e. missing/incorrect longitude, latitude, distance, mileage and speed (when in Atti mode).

Now waiting for a UPS label to send all the kit back to the Netherlands.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: canā€™t help it sorry

1 Like

But is it faulty :man_shrugging:

Its working as it should

No it isnā€™t Wayne.

But you have modded the drone, without the mod it works

Not really, I have enabled attitude mode - which all DJI drones have onboard. And besides, all have my previous Care Refreshed drone replacements ( :man_facepalming: ) have had Atti mode enabled when I returned them to DJI. And theyā€™ve never queried it.

See how much data is missing or incorrect.

That Mod is years old and was for the first gen of DJI drones

Lots will have changed since then

This is the statement from DH

• Please understand: You can tune your drone flight characteristics with this feature, but you CANNOT remove altitude limit with this. For altitude limit removal you need a custom flightcontroller.

Please note: we canā€™t give support for parameters because there are hundreds of parameters which change from drone to drone and from firmware version to firmware version.*

OK, yeah, so what? They will or the wonā€™t. Either way, I am hoping for clarication on this ā€¦

If they confirm ā€œthis is not a faultā€, then it would suggest that all new DJI drones will have this ā€˜limitorā€™ built in. And that means ā€¦

1. The death of Attitude mode, and
  2. The end of our "Breaking the speed limitā€™ thread

Also worth pointing out that ā€¦

• I have tuned my drone flight characteristics with this feature
  • I have not removed the altitude limit with this

Speak for yourself Chris
Thereā€™s still the guys who fly really fast drones :+1:
:laughing:

2 Likes

what about strapping a tiny M10 GPS sensor and small battery to it and a tiny Arduinoā€¦ as it may be lying to you and just capping the GPS speedā€¦ but it may be doing more?

:+1:

or want to try for a recordā€¦ like me

Get an Air 3 and I will let you know the hidden parameter that unlocks the GPS lock :joy:

Very true! The FPV crowd donā€™t need Atti mode! :rofl:

1 Like

Itā€™s 2 year old :rofl: and downloaded from DH site

And the exact same can be said for the FCC hack - which many folk use

I do have a GPS/SIM tracker I could use to try that.

Saying that, I have the distance and time of the Atti run, so I manually calculated the speed too. I was flying at an average speed of 65 mph over the 30 second run. Which is about right.

Canā€™t see an Air 3 :grinning:

Current Parameters Lists

Old Lists (no longer updated)

1 Like