Does the DJI Mini 3 Pro extended (Plus) battery work in the UK?

I have seen on a certain auction website the extended :battery: battery for the DJI Mini 3 Pro for a price. I had seen previously that software may not allow these to be used in Europe/UK.

Does anyone know if they definitely do or don’t work in Europe/UK?

1 Like

Saw a post last month where someone had family bring a fly more plus from Hong Kong and they worked fine

1 Like

I believe the extended battery takes the mini 3 pro over the 250g weight limit

1 Like

That shouldn’t stop it flying though :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yes, that is the reason it isn’t available in Europe, but you can still fly if you follow the rules for heavier drones.

1 Like

Most other drones weigh more than 250g

5 Likes

I think most of drone batteries weigh more than 250g :slight_smile:

It is seriously daft to not make these available in the UK though eh? I’m sure everyone is big enough to make their own decisions about where to fly with what weight of drone :confused:

7 Likes

Plus give it a few months and they will be all over the net :+1:

1 Like

I hope so man :slight_smile:

Anyone reached out to Leicester Drones or another independent (DJI-authorised) retailer to see if they can organise a direct bulk order? I’m sure enough people here would buy them.

3 Likes

If they were available in the UK then the Mini 3 official certification would have to be for a drone over 250g, losing the benefits of a sub-250g drone

1 Like

Official certification @MartG1960 ? :thinking:

E.g CE approval/certification - whatever is needed for it to be legally sold in the UK.

If the heavier battery was sold in the UK then the MTOW for homologation would need to be that for the heavier battery, putting it out of the sub-250g class

1 Like

Interestingly though the weight is labelled on the M3 batteries i.e 249g (on the heavier batteries there is no such labelling)

1 Like

Fridges get CE markings, this is completely different.

ALL Drones sold in the EU should already have the CE mark

Ian explains it better than I do

1 Like

Really worth the extra 4 mins? To drop out of class sub 250 in my opinion nah ill stay with more freedom thanks :ok_hand::+1:

4 minutes? I thought the difference between 34 mins and 47 mins was 13 minutes? (Roughly and extra 40% of time.)

I wouldn’t suggest having only extended batteries but one in your bag could be handy for when the situation warrants it.p

2 Likes

Thought realistic time was 24 mins if doing active or video so upgraded battery prob estimation extra 4/6 mins :pray:

1 Like

The Mavic 3 battery alone weighs 330g !

1 Like

Apparently so :slight_smile:

2 Likes