Does the DJI Mini 3 Pro extended (Plus) battery work in the UK?

How big would that battery need to be?

Although… maybe not battery powered
images

1 Like

As a beginner I am still getting my head around the new regs… if it is over 250g (as with the extended battery) do I then need a Flyer ID… not needed if under 250g?

You will need an Operator ID for a sub 250g drone if it has a camera

This might help

Thanks for that. I know I need an Operator ID which I have. I also didn’t think I needed a Flyer ID if under 250g. If I have the extended battery it is then over 250g, so I wondered if that then meant I also needed a Flyer ID?

Yes you do.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code/getting-what-you-need-to-fly

1 Like

If it exceeds 250g then my understanding is you will need a Flyer ID. In addition where you can fly will also be restricted under current transitional arrangements.

Unless of course you have an A2 C of C

3 Likes

Just to add some real world experience, I did a flight around Douglas Bay in the Isle of Man today with an extended battery, I was video recording almost the whole flight and constantly moving (no hover) and managed to get 11km flight distance and 36 min 30 sec flight time.

3 Likes

Airdata ?

Coming up. I’ve only just found out how to connect my drone to internet when I am away from home.

1 Like

Here is a screenshot off Airdata.

5 Likes

No, not daft. The law relates to the manual not to the battery. As soon as DJI even mention the heavier battery in the manual, it’s no longer classed as a 249g drone.

@Edison David have you a link to where you purchased the plus battery?

Calling all @group-mini-3-pro… anyone else bought the plus battery and do you have a link

Some details here Wayne:

DJI Mini 3 (Pro) - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews - #1568 by thewhoosh

And up/down a few posts from that one too.

@thewhoosh bought his from:

2 Likes

Not a lot of help I’m afraid but I bought my “Fly More Plus” kit when I was in Dubai in September.

1 Like
1 Like

Purchased the kit off eBay - however many dodgy sellers.

I will probably buy a kit in the USA when I visit in December.

Do you have a link to the eBay seller?

Yes it does work but it takes it over the 250g weight

1 Like