Dolphin Quay, Emsworth - Added to Coastal Scenery in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I used the public footpath that runs around the Slipper Pond. Parking in Emsworth is by chance, I drove slowly past the Lord Raglan pub which is where the footpath originates and no on-street sopaces. I found a space in King Street, walked back and sure enough, a space big enough for a bus had appeared outside the pub!

Parking is free but time limited. Pay-to-stay public car parks are available around the town. The footpath runs through some up market properties and through a kissing gat to a metre wide hard stone path bordered by grass. You will have to hand launch and catch if you use the path as I did and smile at the dogwalkers and hikers while ignoring the swans that think that you are there to feed them.

You get a good view of the sky so VLOS isn't a problem and there is a lot going on in Emsworth. It's one of the major sailing centres in Chichester Harbour. Other TOAL points are available in the town :slight_smile:

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 10/02/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes