Drone Alert Warning SPOOF

Recently I had the occasion to try and sell a drone what could have turned out to be an expensive affair.

Dealing with a buyer who said he would pay via my paypal he said a confirmation letter had been sent from Paypal.

Contacting paypal telling them the situation they informed me the letter didn’t come from paypal. Be very aware. Money can be paid directly into your account via your paypal details.

Always check your money has been paid in before posting goods. Do not give out bank details as he originally wanted which I declined.

Definitely do not sent anything in the post until your payment is in your account, as he also was asking for the tracking details, all very suspicious, give a wide birth.

Personally I think that’s one of the safest options.

I use it a lot when selling stuff.

Once the money is in your account there is no chargebacks, PayPal disputes etc, its a done deal.

Have to say I would be asking for tracking details if available

1 Like

Don’t think you got the point, in order to give tracking details I would have had to post the item and the money hasn’t been paid into my account for the goods so in truth I would have lost my goods and the money. Anyway this now in the hands of the fraud squad I personally would have their bollocks tied up with razor wire

3 Likes