Drone circle

This one right?

Thats pretty cheap for a bnf these days…

Ooh hang on… this one?

A bit more expensive… same FC though?

Not got the best reviews either :confused:

Hmmm watched a few online videos first by people I trust flew awesome before my “last pack” call.

1 Like

Was my doing not theirs

1 Like

Mine was a “heavy landing”* at Willington. It may be the ESC, as I replaced the FC (because it turned out I only bought the FC when I thought I was getting the whole stack) and it’s still dead.

* Read, “misjudged power-loop”. Either way, a not unexpected failure mode.

Shows the landscape for those interested. Think @yith and @Jon-Denise coming on Sunday (weather permitting). If @Steviegeek & @notveryprettyboy come, good turn out… @Earwig ? I’ll have to start asking for a commission lol. There “may” be a BBQ this week, will find out before Sunday and let you know (bring your own stuff for cooking). Lovely to fly out back of cars. I’d say were about 8 people there last week, and that’s about the norm. I wanna practise gates this weekend. @benb1202 probably working!

2 Likes

Im busy sunday. But ill come another time

Sorry guys I can’t make this Sunday, got some contracting work to do.
Deffo do it one weekend though, site looks fantastic for big wings :grinning:

1 Like

Nice day for it. Maybe time got my fleet operator lol

@milkmanchris :point_up:

1 Like

Done

3 Likes

Some great flying… Some great video… I’m especially proud of the shot of the stream… ahem…

1 Like

Yes ummm hope that’s ok, let us know… What a good shot though… I ended up going down there for first time too never been brave enough with the VTX…

??? I see no video :smiley:

I decided i should edit Saturday’s video first. It’ll come…

So… I’ve stripped it down… As I showed you the stack 30mm to 20mm adapter was busted. I’ve printed a new one of those, but the M2 screws from the stack were bent. I’ve got none long enough so have ordered some. They will be arriving tomorrow.

That may have been all damage from earlier crashes though…

I’ve cleaned and let the ESC and flight controller dry. They’re not connected at the moment. ESC does its start up beeps on all 4 motors, so that’s good. The FC gyro and accelerometer work when attached to BF Configurator…

So all looking good so far.

This is one of my builds with everything attached with JST 1.25 connectors, so it’s easy to work on. :slight_smile:

Basically the drone is getting a bit of a service whilst I’m at it.

Oh glad to hear that sounds positive. Fingers crossed. Nice service, and a lovely video of some water…

I really struggled to find long enough screws too with my original build (might be a moot point if I give up on the Runcam split, still must contact RC on that one!)

Take chance to conformal it too.

Also nice lesson learnt by Gunja… Don’t plug in, even if have tested work together when someone a few hundred meters away as your cheap ass VTX spaffs everywhere when first turned on… Esp when already had a warning :shushing_face: :shushing_face: :shushing_face: :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_peeking_eye:

Was it mamba that one? Can’t remember TBH!

Hmm?

Mine? The stack is mamba… the VTX is a unify pro

Yeah meant the stack. Know you a fan of mamba