Drone Hacks app - How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic 3, Air, Air 2, Air 2s Air 3, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Avata, RC Pro or DJI FPV drone

Like @PingSpike says a few weeks ago they had issues with DJI supplying new user IDs to counter the new certificates invalid

Since last week DH have over come this problem and now this shouldn’t be a problem with the latest certificates

But they do still recommend staying off line

With the new mechanism you are free to go online and enjoy the hack, BUT we strongly recommend to use an offline phone or at least “local data mode”, for privacy reasons!**

****NEVER update the firmware of the drone, also be cautious with App updates for DJI Fly or DJI Go4, we do not know what DJI tries next

1 Like

Hi Wayne
I have mobile data enabled so I can use google maps (local map cache not always reliable) is this likely to cause me a problem?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Stevie,

Dronehacks are saying that the old certificate was issued with your own DJI user-id
That’s why you had to use your DJI log in and password when applying for the cert

But DJI got wind and reissued everyone (Every DJI account got a new user id) that way every certificate is now invalid even the genuine ones!

The latest way is to use a fake user-id as they have root access, so it’s always the same and you can go online

The problem is they don’t know what DJI will do next, and what they can log if you are online
so they recommend staying off-line

There’s a new DJI FPV firmware out today on v01.02.0020

@Bin4ry from Drone Hacks said:

General notice: DJI FPV update 01.02.0020 does NOTHING except changing the certificate mechanism. DO NOT UPDATE! You can stay on your current firmware indefinetly if you want to enjoy the hacks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where did you get this from?

1 Like

From the DJI reverse engineering group on slack:

I can send you an invite if interested? Send me a DM for deets.

Interesting why the FPV first, expect all the other’s to follow soon :scream:

1 Like

At a guess, that firmware was probably the easiest / quickest for them to push out to production.

It either had nothing else being worked on currently or they were able to branch it easily.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

It’s like the cat and mouse days of old :blush:

New DJI Air 2 and Air 2S firmware is on the way out today.

If you want the modifications in this thread to keep working then the standard advice from Drone Hacks still applies, do not update your drone firmware yet until they’ve investigated the changes.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the DH program runs on Windows 7?

@TassyWass from the DH web site:

Drone-Hacks Desktop supports Linux or Windows 10, simply select your OS to begin the download

Windows: DO NOT USE WINDOWS 7 or 8!!! This OS versions are outdated and DOES NOT work properly. Many things will not work and unpredictable issues WILL appear.

DO NOT RUN OUR SOFTWARE IN A VIRTUAL MACHINE! IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY!

Source: https://drone-hacks.com/download

4 Likes

So is there currently no free method that works for the Mini 2?

:cry:

Doesn’t look like it. I don’t think we’ll get any free NFZ removal hacks.

Have there been any free ones since the MP1?

Guys,
For my AIR2S, in parameters, will I be able to set the camera to start recording when I arm and stop recording when I land? Like my MP1 does :+1:
Having to manually start and stop is causing me a lot of grief :scream:

No Steve.
The parameters you can alter are the same (ish) but more limited to the parameters you can alter on your MP1

1 Like

Hi what does FCC mean, and all the other abbreviations, sorry new to all this, :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Google is your friend here pal

1 Like

DJI drones operate under two major sets of regulations:

FCC (for US, Canada and a few other places)
CE (for Europe and most other places).

Because CE regulations are much stricter, the drone needs to turn its radios way down, from an FCC allowed noise of 26dB on 5.8Ghz all the way down to 14dB for CE, which is a very big difference given the logarithmic nature of the dB scale.

For Ocusync 2.0 drones (Air 2, Mini 2, Mavic 2) for example, this drops the maximum range from 10km to 6km and offers much less stability at close distances when going behind obstacles like trees or houses or when flying in area with high interference. The 5.8Ghz band (mostly used in urban environments) is even more limited than the difference in maximum range (obtained in 2.4Ghz) would suggest.

3 Likes