Drone Hacks app - How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic 3, Air, Air 2, Air 2s Air 3, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Avata, RC Pro or DJI FPV drone

Thought i would ask a Question hear to hopefully get a quicker reply, bought a drone hacks licence from Drone Hacks to remove the NFZ on my mini 2, the first thing it said was to update the firmware so i did that seemed to go ok, it does recocnize the drone etc but after it flashes the firmware i go through everything it tells me but can not tick on the hacks bar at the top of the screen.

regards john

1 Like

@speatuk is your man he uses DH’s on his gear

1 Like

@Clockmaker messaged you

2 Likes

Hi just using drone hacks on my mavic 2 pro would it be a good idea to add the boos hak ?

regards john

1 Like

Will keep this bookmarked as occasionally do have signal loss on the Mini 2 in more built up areas. Are there any drawbacks or bugs to be aware of?

None.

Before purchasing, also check out Drone Tweaks as an alternative, if all you need is the FCC mod.

1 Like

Cheers for the link I’ll take a look at them both

1 Like

I Have used Drone Hacks NFZ hack on my Mavic 2 pro, I was setting up a iPad I bought of eBay just to use with my drones, the iPad works perfectly, my thing is when I set it up in my house no intentions of flying it in my house I got a message no fly zone you need permission ???, I went through the settings and found the drone hack licence, slid the indicator to off and the warning disappeared & you could then start the motors, I had removed the props, and everything was normal, I was supposed as I thought the hack would automatically disable any fly zone problems or am I missing something,

Regards john

The hack is the certificate, it’s exactly the same as the DJI issued ones. It’s working as it should warning you are in a FRZ and asking YOU to use the certificate unlock.

1 Like

John @Clockmaker this post has been moved to the existing Drone Hacks thread too. Please try to keep all Drone Hacks questions in here, rather than starting a new thread each time.

@Clockmaker as Wayne @Sparkyws said, the Drone Hacks tool doesn’t remove the NFZ database completely.

Gone are the days of the original Mavic Pro, early Phantoms and Inspires that used the GO4 app whereby you could completely remove all trace of DJI NFZs from the aircraft firmware, the app, and everywhere else they were hiding too:

The DJI Fly app, and modern DJI drones, are a completely different beast and I think Drone Hacks have done an amazing job to get the current “bypass” methods in place that they have :bowing_man:t2:

2 Likes

Ok can you tell me how to use the certificate ?

Regards John

This :point_up_2:

1 Like

Thanks just looked at the YouTube video, I have worked it out .

1 Like

Here is a video for everyone interested how the certificate hack works

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Has anyone had success using the DH companion app with the beta Fly App 1.4.8 (1185)? I’ve been getting more and more telemetry freezeups with and without the hack (I think it’s a problem with my phone and this version) so looking to try the beta app out.

Well done for volunteering as a beta tester for us :wink:

Haha wish me luck, installed the beta earlier so will give it a whirl tomorrow and report back

Good luck!

By the way what version was causing the issues and what phone are you using?

I have gone back to version 1.4.2 on the fly app as this one performs perfectly for me

2 Likes