Drone Hacks app - How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic 3, Air, Air 2, Air 2s Air 3, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Avata, RC Pro or DJI FPV drone

Cat and Mouse :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

FYI Don’t update

Warning,
DJI seems to have released some firmware versions which have a higher antirollback value than others.

Air2:
01.01.0610 (firmware good for hacking) - Antirollback 2
01.01.665 (firmware cannot be hacked, neither downgraded or upgraded) - Antirollback 3
01.01.670 (firmware cannot be hacked, but it can be flashed to 610) - Antirollback 2
Air2s:
02.04.2040 (firmware good for hacking) - Antirollback 1
02.04.2075 (firmware cannot be hacked, neither downgraded or upgraded) - Antirollback 2
02.04.2080 (firmware cannot be hacked, but it can be flashed to 610) - Antirollback 1
FPV:
01.02.0000 (firmware good for hacking) - Antirollback 1
01.02.0015 (firmware cannot be hacked, neither downgraded or upgraded) - Antirollback 2
01.02.0020 (firmware cannot be hacked, but it can be flashed to 610) - Antirollback 1

As far as i saw this firmware versions are not public available but some people have them (not sure how, my current assumption is that they were flashed after service, but this is only a guess).
So please warn everyone now to install this firmware version, best would be not to update at all.
Also this again shows that we should change our way of speaking about firmware versions, the version numbering is completely unimportant, the only important fact is the antirollback value.
How does this value work?
The drone has the antirollback value of the current firmware, this value can NEVER be decreased, it can only stay the same or increase! So when you want to flash a firmware the drone cannot flash it if the antirolback value of the firmware you want to flash is lower than the current value on the drone. the firmware you want to flash must have the same or a higher value. If you flash a firmware with a higher value the drone will automatically set itself to the higher value, from now on only versions with the same higher value can be flashed. Due to this the air2 cannot flash firmware 670 on top of firmware 665, because 670 firmware has a LOWER value than 665.
i hope i was able to explain this now properly and i hope people will understand the importance of this value now.
All drones with the firmwares 665, 2075 and 0015 cannot be hacked anymore and can not be flashed to a hackable firmware. IF or WHEN they will be able to be hacked again is unsure.
Please spead this information in every channel and community you are part of! Warn everybody to NOT UPDATE!
thank you for your attention!

3 Likes

FYI if wanting to apply drone hacks to a new bird

1 Like

This evening I decided it was time to give my Mini2 a bit more grunt, RF wise, and pull the trigger on a Drone Hacks licence. And thank you to GreyArrows for securing the 10% discount, a well received pressie for me.

Anywho, I’ve been using the DH Desktop for a while to play with some of the parameters so I’m quite familiar with the application, but after purchasing the license I ran into an issue. For some strange reason, after I’d entered my details into the login section, the DH Desktop no longer recognised my Mini2. Sometimes it would present with a screen like this below:

It would display the correct firmware version but would not recognise the device as a Mini2.

I checked the device manager during connection and it would first recognise the drone as a generic comport, but this would disappear after a few seconds and be replaced as a removable device.

Next I fired up the Assistant 2 software and after a few seconds a connection would be established. Checking in the device manager the Mini2 was now correctly identified as a DJI VCP.

While the Assistant 2 software was running I restarted the DH Desktop, and this time the Mini2 was correctly identified, the license was issued, and I could continue with the patches (patch sounds more legitimate than Hack).

So now, for reasons I don’t understand, I can only connect to the DH desktop if I have the Assistant 2 software running in the background.

I’m posting this in case anyone else has a similar issue with Windows 10 driver assignments to their DJI product when using third party software. It may prevent unnecessary trauma to another beloved household pet.

3 Likes

Nidge have you raised a ticket with DH?

@Nidge also your email is visible :wink:

From DH website

1. October 2021 - v1.24: Fix drone detection on some PCs

It also states

ATTENTION WINDOWS USERS
Please make sure that you have the latest Version of DJI Assistant 2 installed and it can detect your drone!
Also make sure you close Assistant BEFORE starting Drone-Hacks. Only 1 application can use the drone at the same time
We recommend using the Software with Windows 10!

1 Like

No, as I don’t think it’s an issue with the DH application but rather a driver issue on this PC. Anything other than a generic comport driver it throws it’s toys out of the pram. This goes for STM-VCP’s, anything from ImmersionRC, numerous Betaflight boards, whether the drivers are signed or not.

As for my the email address, it never sees any action other than promo stuff. I’m not joking when I say I have no friends other than my robotic minions :cry:

I might start sending you some emails :wink:

Just tried your password 1234567890, it didn’t work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is it a virtual machine, home or professional and is it updated?

We’re all your friend Nidge :heart:

1 Like

I 2nd that :+1:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a white one.

Just a reminder

Note:

You should NEVER update the firmware of the drone or remote controller, except our birdmap shows that the drone is compatible. Updating the remote controller firmware or drone firmware might cause the hack to not function anymore! If you update and lose the hack functionality we are not responsible! It can never be guaranteed that the hack will work on future versions, you buy the hack working on the current version as listed in our birdmap: Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Birdmap

2 Likes

Mini 2 new Firmware

Hi all,

I have been trying to confirm through the forums and on their website whether drone-hacks app works for all countries. I assume it does but have not been able to find anything indicating for sure that it does.

I am flying a Mavic 2 Pro in Australia.

Would someone please be able to confirm this for me?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @SpookGWW

Yes, confirmed, the Drone Hacks mod doesn’t know or care where in the world your drone is :slight_smile:

Thanks for confirming @PingSpike.

I recently purchased Drone Hacks for my Mini 2, I know not to update the drone firmware unless Drone Hacks says it is safe but can I update the app safely?

Mini 2 DH flyer here! I have updated DJI Fly (iPhone) twice with no problems, BUT I have not tried the latest version of DJI Fly.

Best to look at DH web site it will tell you the current tested version

1 Like

Thank you @Sparkyws I did look on their website but did not see that page, probably looked too early in the morning before all the blood had been flushed from my caffeine system.

1 Like

Thanks, I did not notice this either.

2 Likes